chapter 2

We arrived at the lighthouse, where Miguel's body is found. The body wasn't here. Not even a single spot of blood was found.

"Dammit! I didn't catch them in time," I said. "Sorry, that was my fault," Earl tried to apologize to me.

"Well... First, what does the person look like when he moved the body?" I asked Earl. "I think that person looks..." Earl paused for a while. "Looks like?" I pressed him. "All black...?" He answered, looking confused.

"Are you lying, Earl?" I questioned Earl. "No?" Earl responded. "It's just that... It's hard to believe..." he said.

"Alright, so, my suspects are Serge and-" I started explaining the people who could've done this, but Earl cut me off.

"Nonono! Not like that... I mean the person is wearing all black!" Earl said. "All black...?" I repeated after Earl. "Like, someone wearing different clothes," Earl confirmed. "I see..." I replied.

When Earl said that... Is there a traitor? It could only mean that it's someone on this island, Unless... Earl is-

"Hey?" Earl interrupted my thoughts by tapping me on the shoulders. "Ah!" I screamed. "Whoops! I wondered what you were thinking there," Earl said.

"Oh, it's..." I tried to think of something important. "You know the Nikki and Nico stuff...?" I asked Earl. As a response, he nodded slowly.

"Can you tell me what happened to them?" I asked Earl. "I don't have the whole idea... but I'll try!" He answered.

Earl then explained everything that he knew about Nikki and Nico's situation. It was about Nikki starting the problem. Earl doesn't know what kind of problem, so it was pretty unclear... Nico would try to punch Nikki because of that, but he kept his cool...

"And, that's what I know so far." Earl finished his explanation.

Interesting, No wonder Nico seems to be mad when Nikki is with him. There are still some things that I don't get... Like why is Nico suddenly defensive about it...? Why can't he tell us about it? Why did Nikki even start the problem? Either way, I'll try to ask both of them about it later.

"Huh, I'm still pretty confused, but I'll go now." I waved my hand at Earl. "Oh, Goodbye!" He waved back.

I headed inside the mansion, and downstairs and the first thing that caught my attention is Maisie sitting at the dining table alone.

"Oh, hey Mike..." Maisie looks traumatized. "Hey... How are you feeling?" I said. "I'm... okay now," Maisie looked away from me. I stared at her. I knew Maisie was hiding the fact she saw Nathaniel's dead body.

"I know you're concerned for me, but it's just something that I think I saw," Maisie said. "You've seen something? Tell me about it." I raised my eyebrow.

"Um... I don't know who it was... My eyesight felt blurry and my hearing was unclear, and I think it's useless..." Maisie doubted herself. "It's fine, just describe the situation..." I said. Maisie nodded as a yes.

"When I woke up, I saw a blue-looking guy holding a paper," Maisie said.

The 'blue guy' Maisie was talking about is Bryan. That would make sense.

"Mhm, Then?" I pressed her. "And then someone with purple, I guess that was Alan was talking with the blue guy..." Maisie said. "And they held a..." Maisie paused, she looks stressed. "Handshake?" She sounded unsure.

"Handshake? But why? that was-" I tried to question Maisie for answers, but I thought about this at the same time.

Wait, If Alan shook hands with Bryan. It would be an agreement or is it something else...? I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's an agreement.