˗ˋ 121

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY ONE

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH ATTEMPTS AT 
ARRANGING A VISIT ARE MADE

. . .

d. January 17th 1996

DEAR HEADMASTER DUMBLEDORE,

Or Mr Dumbledore, if that's what you prefer, but the only time I met you was at Harry's trial and I don't think I'm remembering it incorrectly but we have never spoken before. I believe you are most certainly aware of who I am, granted it was you who provided me with a new home this summer on accounts that someone in relation to my parents has returned when he shouldn't have - and I am immensely gracious for that, please do not misunderstand. 

Flora has explained as best she could, without divulging information she deemed unnecessary for me to know. However, following the news published in the Daily Prophet on the 14th, and a decision made on your behalf regarding the Knight Bus two days previous, I am asking, as politely as I most possibly can, for you to divulge further information on my position in this.

I know it must not be of great power or status, however previous information is in reconsideration and I could not help but right this letter in hopes of discovering something else. Before, after the day that Harry, Dudley and I encountered the Dementors, Flora informed me of my parentage and also informed me that precautions had been put in place to ensure my safety.

I do not doubt that these precautions are still in place, particularly as I am housed with someone else currently in a similar position. However, after the news of the 14th, and with the understanding that you are an immensely busy man and may not be able to grant me as such, I would like to ask for a short conversation with you after the next meeting for which you are present. 

It is not necessary, however I think that I, after years of not knowing, should be allowed to know a little more information regarding my position in this, because of your orders to Mr Lupin and Tonks on the 13th made it entirely clear that I have one. 

Thank you in advanced, kind regards, 

Jane

d. January 28th 1996

DEAR MISS EVERLEIGH,

I apologise for the delay in my reply. As I am sure you are aware, from information granted to you by Harry and those whom visit the house you stay in, my weeks are busier than most. However, upon recieiving your letter I deemed it necessary to reply as soon as possible as it is, indeed, fit for you to be appropriately informed particularly as mattters arrive for which your own status and position must be considered.

That being said, I am unfortunately unable to foresee a moment in which I can grant a moment of free time; it is not that I do not wish to divulge information that you should be aware of. However, should there be even a speck of free time then I am sure to be able to inform you. 

I agree that it is of most importance to be aware of where one comes from and the position one is placed in during such uncertain times. However, I am unable to disclose as much information as you may wish for as some things are better left unsaid.