Chapter 29

Roseanne's POV

          A knock on my bedroom door is what woke me up, I looked at the clock in the corner of the room through the dark, roughly, I could see that it is about 5:30 in the morning. The sun hasn't even risen yet, who visits someone this early?

        I got up while glancing at the crib not far from my bed. Good thing that didn't wake Ellie up or I am sure to throw hands at who ever it is.

       I put on the jacket tat I hung beside the door over my night gown and opened up the door, only to be greeted with a panicked Layla and worried looking Genevieve. Wait, where is Aria? And why are these two inside my house, outside my bedroom at five in the morning. From what I remember, these two value their sleep more than anything.

        "Um, good morning to you two?" I looked at them weird, still not fully awake. I mean, who would be, the sun isn't even awake yet if you think about it.

        "Roseanne." Layla called.

        "What is it Layla, why are you guys even here this early? And how did you even get in this house, did the guards let you in?" I walked out while slowly closing the door behind me, leading them to the living room. Where there are couches to sit on instead of standing in front of a door.

         "There is a problem." Genevieve continued for her. Yeah, I reckon.

         "There should be, because if there isn't then I'm kicking you two out." I frowned at them.

        They looked at one another then turned back to me. Genevieve continued. "The troops are being sent back right now, and I think they just arrived. And when I say just, I actually mean that the higher ups already came home, Romeo visited me last night after his mother called him."

         I squinted my eyes at them. Does that mean--

        "Is Lorenzo home? Right now?" Layla asked. I shook my head in response.

        If Romeo, or general Castro is back already, shouldn't Lorenzo also be? Is he going to stay and wait until most of the men are gone then come back, because I'm sure Andrew would be giving me a visit if anything happened out there, right? maybe I should just give him some time, he should be home soon. He promised.

       "Shit shit shit." Layla muttered under her breath. "Generals are the first batch of people going home after a war like this, because they need to go to government official buildings to report things, at least that is what happens in this country."

      "Maybe he is still reporting things? Or he just decided to stay back and look after everyone, and then go, right?" they looked at me like I am crazy.

      "Roseanne, I don't think he would do that." Genevieve answered. "And nobody reported seeing General Bartorio when the other generals got off the plane."

      I sat up. "So you are telling me, that my husband is basically missing or dead from the war right now." The two of then slowly nodded in response.

       "But that is impossible, dad just told me like two days ago that he is fine and preparing the surrender ceremony over there and is going to start returning right after. There aren't even fighting anymore, how can this even happen?"

       "Believe me, Lorenzo is a friend of mine since childhood, and I am just as shocked. But none of this has been confirmed y anyone yet, not even other officials, so maybe there still is some hope." Layla grabbed my hand and gave me a light smile.

       "About that......" Genevieve chuckled nervously, looking down.

      I squinted my eyes at her. "What do you know that we don't?"