Chapter One~Spilt Coffee

Chapter One
Spilt Coffee

Charlie had just moved to LA in hopes of a new start after something happened back in New York. Her brother thankfully gave her a place to start and she was forever grateful.

"No Mom, I'm not going to be back for awhile." Charlie told her mother over the phone. Truth be told she was on the run, she was running as far away from the evil she experienced as possible.

"But honey, you didn't even tell us where you are." Her mother practically whines. "I can't even visit my baby girl."

"I just need to settle in first, see if I like the place." Charlie lies, she knew her mom meant well, but her mom also adored him. "Now I gotta go, I have my first day today."

"Oh good luck dear, call me and share how it went!" Her mother's voice was cheerful, she was truly excited for her daughter but hated her not being home for the change.

"Bye mom." Charlie says before hanging up the phone with a sigh.

Charlie decided to make a pit stop for coffee at the local cafe her brother told her about near his apartment and the newspaper industry.

"Uh can I have a cappuccino and a egg breakfast sandwich." Charlie orders with a small smile.

"Yes ma'am, that'll be 10.63" the barista smiles placing the order. "What's the name?"

"Charlie." The blue eyed brunette answers before paying and walking towards the wait area.

Moments later her name was called and her coffee and food was handed to her. As she headed out of the building she was fumbling with the sandwich trying to in wrap it as she walked to her place of work she failed to notice someone walking towards her until she bumped into him spilling all her coffee on his expensive suit.

"Oh shit, I'm so incredibly sorry!" She tried patting the coffee away out of nerves and embarrassment. "I-I ruined your suit, I'm so sorry. I uh can pay for the dry cleaning or even buy you a new one."

The devilishly handsome man looked down at the bright red girl wonder in his eyes as she stumbled with her words.

He held up his hand stopping her from speaking even though she did stop she also flenched causing deep concern to fill the man. "No need dear, I have plenty." He told her.

"At least let me do something for you, I ruined your suit." She muttered.

"Buy me coffee." He casually said giving her a smile. The man felt some odd pull towards her like they where destined to meet. So he now was intrigued by her and felt that he must get to know her.

Charlie looked up at him finally a sheepish smile on her face, grateful that all he wanted was a simple coffee as she wasn't the richest person on the block, hell she was living with her brother in his spare room which normally belonged to her niece.

The man held out his hand a grin still on his face. "Lucifer Morningstar." He instructed himself.

Charlie cocked her eyebrow slightly confused by the name but none the less she shook his hand. "Charlie Espinoza."

Lucifer's attention was now officially peaked at the last name, could she be detective douche's sister?

"Uhhh here's my number, I have to go." Charlie quickly scribbled her number and name of a napkin before handing it to the man and rushing off with another apology about his suit.

"AH DANIEL just the man I'm looking for." Lucifer beams when he sees the now annoyed man.

Dan sighed not having away of escape. "What do you want Lucifer?"