Chapter Two~Coffee Date

Chapter Two
Coffee Date

"REALLY Charlie?" Daniel scoffs. "You want to go out with him?"

Charlie sighs shaking her head. "I want to be friends with him, I owe him a coffee and I can use that to get to know him. Plus I'm not ready for a relationship."

It was now Saturday and Charlie was getting herself ready to meet Lucifer at the coffee shop, with of course her brother's complaints on her choices.

"I just want to protect you, like I should've the past few years." Dan's voice was filled with guilt which broke the girl's heart.

"Danny," Charlie starts, grabbing her brother's shoulders. "It's not you're fault, I was forced to cut communication off with everyone besides mom and dad."

"I could've tried harder to see you or get you out of there." He tries arguing causing Charlie to bow her head and shake it.

"You have a family here, and I made you believe I never wanted to talk to you again." She counters. It was the truth she was forced to tell her brother that she never wanted to speak to him again and that she hated him, which was far from the truth-she looked up to her brother, loved him, and wanted him in her life.

Before Dan could continue the topic Charlie realized she needed to leave so she wouldn't be late for the coffee date that wasn't a date. "I'll be back later, you should send me Chloe's address so I can see Trixie!"

Dan nods a chuckle erupting from him at the light that lit her face at the thought of his daughter. "Will do Leah."

"See ya Danny!" She beams closing the door and heading of to the coffee shop for her not date.

SURPRISINGLY enough for a Saturday the coffee shop wasn't busy, it had very few people.

"Holy shit I'm not late." Charlie pants. When she left Dan's she learned she'd be late if she didn't run, and so she ran and made it with two minutes to spare.

"You're sweating." That familiar British accent spoke.

Charlie whips her head around to face none other than Lucifer. "Wow no shit." She quips a sarcastic smirk on her face.

"Feisty are we?" Lucifer chuckles.

Charlie rolls her eyes, wiping her forehead and removing her coat. "Shall we?"

The devilish brunette holds out his arm "Ladies first." He mutters a handsome grin on his face.

"Thank you kind sir." Charlie chuckles walking towards the register and ordering her drink followed by Lucifer's and paying for it.

"So what did you do to my brother for him to dislike you so much?" Charlie questions taking a sip from her to go mug.

"Not sure, I'm a very likable devil." Lucifer answers with a shrug of his shoulders. "But detective douche just doesn't like me."

Charlie laughs at the name, resting her chin in her hands. "Calling him that may be one of the reason he's not fond of you."

Lucifer waves his hands dismissing her comment "Nonsense, he's just got his panties in a twist."

All Charlie could do was laugh at the man before her. "You're something else."

"Why thank you." Lucifer remarks.

"Oh no problem." Charlie smirks waving him off jokingly.

Lucifer leans forward in his chair, curiosity written on his face. "So dear, tell me about yourself."

Charlie copies his movement. "What do you want to know?"

"Why'd you move to Los Angeles?" Lucifer asks cocking his eyebrows.

Charlie face falls, she wasn't sure rather to answer it or not. "Escaping my past is a simple way to put it."

The handsome Devil narrows his eyes there was obviously more behind it. He could use his mojo on her, but she wasn't someone he was willing to us it on, she was broken and he wanted to heal her and mojoing her was not the way to do it, so he'd just need to be patient and let her open up to him. "Interesting."

"Same question, well unless you where born here?" Charlie asks his question.

"Came here for a vacation, turns out I loved it." Lucifer answers a devilish smile on his face.

The pair continued to talk for another couple hours lots of laughs where shared and Charlie would hate to admit it but being in LA again had made her smile more than she has in the past five years.

Their goodbyes where shared and a promise of meeting up again the next day. That Saturday was a start of multiple coffee meetings.