Chapter 2

As Niyama reached the new home of the Sully family before everyone else, she went inside and set everything down that she was carrying then walked out of the hut just as everyone else had arrived. She glanced around at everyone then turned her head slowly as she walked away. The youngest son then said with a confused look, "What's her problem?"

Tsireya then sighed and turned to him and stated, "Niyama is always like that, she isn't much of a people person, I swear you guys are not the cause of her actions." she then started to explain to the family what some of the items are that they had never seen before, then said, "My brother and I will let you guys settle in and get your new home set up, let us know if you end up needing any help, and we will see your children in the morning for their first lesson."

Niyama found herself in the sand once again. She did not want to teach people the ways of her home, as well as learn the ways of the Tsahik. She just wanted to live a stress free life and be one of the normal people in her clan.

The next morning Niyama woke to her sister shaking her awake, "Wake up, it is time to go teach the forest people." Tsireya said annoyed, "You're in charge of it all remember? You're the oldest." With that Tsireya huffed and walked away knowing she woke her older sister.

When Niyama reached the place she and her siblings would be teaching the forest people how to be useful everyone was already there waiting for her to arrive, "Took you long enough princess." Ao'nung's best friend Rotxo stated as he saw her approach them. Niyama just glanced at him as she walked past him and into the water.

"Follow me or get left behind." Niyama stated as she fully submerged her body into the water and swam away. Tsireya and Ao'nung just looked at each other and signaled for the others to follow close behind them. The Sully family then got into the water as well but Niyama noticed they seemed to have trouble getting deeper into the water and staying under the water. She watched as she waited for them to come back down from getting air as she saw Kiri, the oldest girl swim to a different area, and signaled to her siblings and Rotxo that she is going to go keep an eye on her.

Neteyam watched as Niyama swam through the water so effortlessly and couldn't take his attention off of her, "Dude focus, it's time to go back down." Lo'ak said to his older brother knowing that he had eyes for Niyama already.

Niyama watched from a distance how Kiri was so fond of the life around her, it reminded her of herself in a way, knowing that she would sit there in the water all day if she could, watching the fish swim so freely, seeing the way the sea grass swayed, and seeing the energy all around yourself can put anyone at ease if they let theirself. She then decided to join Kiri, she didn't know why she just felt as though she needed too.

Kiri was startled by the sudden movement but then quickly relaxed as she saw Niyama look at the plants she was looking at as well. She looked over at Niyama and smiled, she was happy to find someone that would just let her be herself. She then realized she had to go back to the surface for air, Kiri pointed up and Niyama understood, so she went with her.

When they reached the surface Niyama spoke, "I'm glad someone else enjoys the way of the water as much as I do." with a smile on her face.

"Thank you for not judging me, I keep getting bullied for being interested in the world around us." Kiri said smiling back at Niyama with wide eyes, finally happy to have a friend.

Niyama's smile faded, "I would never judge you or anyone for loving the gift Eywa has given us." she said, sad that someone would make fun of such a sweet person for appreciating the world she lives in. "Let's get back to the rest, it is time to teach you how to ride an Ilu."