76. Always my Queen

3 Years later...

"Mr Knight." 

Vaera chuckled as Haemon prepared for his fist bout with Aemond.

"I see he has finally grown out of 'with the scruffies' part of your title." Vaera mused. 

"Indeed." Harwin agreed with a laugh. "And I see Aegon finally got over his crush on you." Vaera glanced at Aegon as he doted over a Lannister girl. 

"It's nice to see him chasing after someone his own age." Vaera agreed and Daemon snorted a laugh coming up behind her. 

"I think age is really quite ridiculous thing. If you stayed in your age range..." Daemon scrunched up his face. "I don't even want to think about who you might have ended up with if I wasnt so damn handsome."

"And humble." Harwin added. 

"You my dear are timeless." Vaera assured. 

"Mama can you fix my hair?" Helanea questioned hurriedly running up to Vaera. 

"Oh, who is that?" Vaera questioned. 

"Obviously a really handsome knight that I need to fall in love with me." Helaena remarked. 

"Obviously." Vaera agreed shifting the butterfly clip. "Still perfect." 

"Thanks mama." Helaena declared running off. 

"Mama said I can love you both." Alyssa remarked confidently. At 5 she was a big love, especially to her elder brother Vhaegon and Rhaegon. 

"Did she?" They questioned simultaneously.

"Well..." Alyssa spun back around. "Mama I can love them both right?" Alyssa shouted. Vaera looked between Harwin and Daemon. 

"Yes." Daemon answered. "As long as they know you are in charge ALyssa." Vaera leaned into Daemon contently. 

"See?" Alyssa remarked. 

"I don't know what you see in them, I'm clearly the better man." Daeron offered showing his muscles to Alyssa. Alyssa pat his chest before looking to Vhaegon and Rhaegon.

"And daddy really isnt one for sharing."   Alyssa added.

"Thats the truth." Haemon agreed putting his sword down. 

"Both of my boys, so skilled and so smart." Vaera remarked as Aemond came up behind him. "Did Harwin and Criston prepare you well? Are you ready for tomorrow?" 

"Yeah mum, I'm ready." Aemond agreed as she ran a hand over his back. 

"I wouldnt be surprised if Aemond won the whole thing." Haemon agreed. Vaera reached out touching Haemon's chin with pride. He came a long way. From needing Vaera every moment of every day to becoming a strong and independent young man. But he was still a mama's boy. Still liked when she came in to say goodnight and sung him a song or told him a story. 

"Are we riding to the meet?" Vaera asked hopefully. 

"Yes." Aemond declared as he jumped up. "Syrax and me are getting along so well."

"I know, you train well with her, just took time." Vaera agreed. 

"BLUE!" Haemon called out. 

"He listens as well as you do when I say cookie." Daemon teased kissing Vaera's neck as Blue came flying out and landing on the wall. 

"My joker." Vaera reminded him. "But... The next dragon gets named Cookie!" Vaera declared giggling into Daemons touch. 

"Go tell your mother." Viserys requested as Jace and Aerion ran out to join them. 

"Tell me what?" Vaera questioned pulling Haemon to her. 

"I wanted to give you something for an early name day." Viserys remarked. Jace and Aerion held out a crown for her. 

"Daddy," Vaera whispered looking up to him. 

"I don't want to be gone before the realms get to call you queen." Viserys remarked fondly. 

"Might I do the honors?" Daemon questioned taking the crown from their boys. 

"Queen Vaera Targaryen, first of her name, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm." Daemon declared putting the crown on her head.  "But you were always my queen."