Chapter 1

Ace's POV:

As soon as we heard the explosion we sprinted to the building next to the one we were in. We weren't able to get into it due to the fire from the explosion. I looked over to the woman that was talking to the Russian boss's second in command, she had a look on her face that showed that she knew what just happened. "Damn it" she said in an angry tone. "What's wrong?" Her friend asked. "I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the Russian boss was in there, and he just got blown up" she answered. "Shit, this will cause wars if it's true" I announced.

Despite everything that just happened, I can't seem to take my eye off of her. She was very beautiful to the point where you could catch yourself looking at her for hours without getting bored. She had dark brown eyes that had a spark to them, her hair reached her mid back and it was dark brown. She was wearing a short black dress that was tight to the point where you can see all of her curves. Her face barely showed emotions. It was almost like the only emotions she showed were anger and annoyance, the only time she smiled was when she was talking to her friend back at the bar.
"Ace are you okay?" Sebastian asked. "I'm fine, I was in the other building talking to the second in command" I said to Sebastian, I could tell that he wasn't listening because he was too busy admiring the woman's friend. She was looking at him as well. "I'm Sebastian" my brother introduced himself to the friend while putting his hand out to shake hers. "Oh! I'm Kayla" her friend replied with a wide smile on her face while shaking his hand.

Me and the woman just stood there looking at them. "Well. Since we're introducing ourselves, what's your name" I asked the woman. She just looked at me unimpressed. "Why would I tell you my name?" She questioned. Before I could reply Kayla kicked the side of her leg slightly, like she was telling her to be nicer. The woman just gave Kayla a confused look. Kayla just pointed her eyes at me, the woman then rolled her eyes. "My name is Ivy" she replied, still looking unimpressed.

"Kayla come on, we have other places to be" Ivy announced before wrapping her hand around Kayla's before walking away from us. Kayla turned her head back to us, "it was nice meeting you guys!" She cheerfully said while waving at us. "It was nice meeting you too!" Sebastian yelled back at her in a joyful way while returning the wave. He then turned to me and said "she's very beautiful". "Shouldn't you be figuring out who that bomb was meant for and who died because of it instead of admiring a girl that you might never see again?" I replied. "Oh come one Ace, can't I have a little bit of fun?" He complained. I smacked the back of his head "stop complaining and get to work" I warned. "You know you can be a real ass sometimes" he responded. I just glared at him. "Ugh Fine, have fun in your boring office with your boring paperwork" he teased. "I will" I added before flipping him off. He returned it before walking off and leaving me standing next to the entrance. I wonder what she wanted from the Russian boss. Whatever it is, I have to find out.

________________________________

I headed back to the mansion and went straight to my office in hopes of finding out why Ivy wanted to see the Russian boss. I couldn't find out anything about her, it's like she doesn't exist. Instead of giving up I did some research on Kayla and found out what her last name is, what she does for a living, how she's involved in all of this and where she lives. I decided that I will go and talk to her about Ivy after my business trip tomorrow. I had to go to Italy to see how the people working in my mafia are doing there. Sometimes having one of the biggest mafias in the world isn't easy.

I never wanted to be the mafia boss, but after my father's death I had no choice but to take on the role since I was the heir in the first place. Even though I didn't enjoy it at first, I had promised my father the day he was murdered that I would find out who killed him and that I would make sure the mafia survives after his death. My father has been dead for 6 years, I have been killing people ever since in order to get my revenge. I think I'm slowly starting to tolerate being the Italian mafia boss.

What do u guys think so far? I hope u guys are enjoying it so far. Also can we talk abt Ivy and Kayla's friendship, Ivy only shows emotions around Kayla which I feel like just shows how strong their bond is. I also feel like Ace does the same thing with Sebastian.