Chapter 2

Ace's POV

I came back from Italy two hours ago, I was very tired so I showered and slept as soon as I got back. Private jets may be comfortable but the flight attendants never shut up. I had to tell them to be quiet multiple times but they would just listen for a little bit then go back to talking. I decided to fire both of them as soon as we landed. Why am I going to pay for people that down even listen to my orders? I can't lie and say that I wasn't tempted to kill them, but they both have families.I may be one of the beat mafias but I would never allow a child to grow up without a parent if I can do something about it. I would also never allow rapists or human traffickers to work for me.

I decided to go see Kayla and ask her some questions about Ivy. I need to know how and why she's involved in the mafia. I can't lie and say that I don't want to see her again. I had been thinking of her throughout my entire trip, something about the way she acted and looked made me very intrigued. I was just finishing up some paperwork that I decided to do before going back to sleep when I heard a knock on my office door. "Come in" I said without lifting my head up from the papers. My mother walks in before shutting the door behind her and walking to me.

"Why are you not sleeping yet Caro?" (Darling in Italian) my questioned, sounding like she had just woken up. "I'm just finishing up a few things mother" I answered. "Honey you have to stop working so hard, why can't you be like Sebastian sometimes? You know sometimes I really wish that you would make free time for yourself instead of always working" my mother advised. "You know that I can't do that, I promised father that I wouldn't let him down and that I would get revenge for him" I responded. "And you know that your father wouldn't want you burying yourself in this much work." My mother said "So come on, get your ass up and go back to sleep" she demanded while smiling at me. "Fine, you know you don't look serious while you are smiling right?" I asked. "Stop talking to your mother like that, just because you are 24 doesn't mean that I can't ground you" she replied while pointing her finger at me.I couldn't help but smile while walking out of my office with her. "Good night madre" (mother) I said before walking into my room. "Good night Caro" (Darling) my mother said with a calm voice.

My mother is the most loving person you could meet. She has dark blue eyes like me. She's beautiful, my father always used to say that she was the most stunning woman he has seen and that his love for her always got deeper when looked at him. She can make you feel like you are special in every way possible, she makes a part of you feel calm and safe. She has always been a good mother to me and Sebastian. She was a great wife as well. Her and my father had the type of love that makes you smile, they would have risked their life for each other. Their love was the type of love you see and movies but never expect to see in real life. I can't imagine how she felt when she lost the other half of her soul. Before I could continue my thought, I started drifting to sleep.

——————————————————————

I reached Kayla's house, she seems to enjoy her quiet because the area around her house is very peaceful. She also doesn't seem to care about money, her father was the second in command in the Spanish mafia and her mother owns many companies. Despite all the houses she could choose from, she decided to choose a simple house. I rang the doorbell and waited for an answer, I could hear her muffled voice getting closer. "Is that you Ivy? Coming!" She shouted in a cheerful way. She opened the door with a smile on her face, but the smile started to slowly drop when she realised that it wasn't who she was expecting.

"Oh, Hi" she said, sounding a little disappointed. "Hey" I waved at her, feeling a little awkward. "Oh I'm sorry, come in!" She cheered. "I just had a few questions," I said while walking in. "Yeah of course, I will tell you if I have the answers" she said while smiling. "I wanted to ask you about Ivy" I explained. "Can't you just get information about her by doing a background check?" She replied. "We tried to, but ended up coming with nothing" I said, almost embarrassed by the fact. I always get all the information I want, but me and my men failed this time. "I can't say that I'm surprised, I would've been shocked if you found anything about her" she explained. "I wanted to see if she still needed information about the Russian boss, he's dead but I'm sure I'll have everything that she wants to know" I added. I was hoping that it would convince her to tell me about Ivy, but before she can answer Ivy walks in. "Kayla where are-" she gets interrupted by Kayla. "Your finally here!" Kayla cheered before running to her and hugging her. Ivy returned the hug but kept looking at me, she was confused of why I was here. "Why are you here?" Ivy asked me. "He's here because he wanted to know some stuff about you and wanted to ask if you still wanted to know information about The Russian boss" Kayla replied. Ivy was looking at me, but now she looked intrigued.

——————————————————————
A/N

Hii guys! Sorry for the late update but I've just been busy for the past week, especially because school just started again.