simon said

chapter nine ~ simon said

on the road

Haven had finally let her mind drift off after pushing past images of Gordon's face and his hands invading her mind. She found herself dreaming of the lake outside her parents old cabin and her feet touching the warm dock with a blanket wrapped around her shoulders as a small breeze passed.

"Quite the view you got here," A voice called to her.

The witch whipped around and saw the face of a janitor with yellow eyes, "You."

"Me," He smiled evilly.

Haven didn't hesitate before dropping the blanket and throwing balls of scarlet energy at the demon. He quickly disappeared, causing her to stop but then reappear behind her.

"Oh, come on, don't be like that," He teased.

"What the hell are you doing in my head?" Haven spun and sent a pulse to paralyze him in his spot, even giving a little squeeze for good measure.

Yellow eyes laughed, "I just want to talk." His hand came loose from Haven's magic and he snapped his fingers, sending them to a different location, a darker, colder one.

"Where are we?" Haven snapped.

"Take a look, it'll come to you," Yellow eyes smiled.

Haven released him and walked about the space, the house was old and worn down, looking as if it had been abandoned. When she walked into the dining room and saw a long table with blood marks and a tipped over chair with cut ropes, her heart stopped. "No," She breathed.

Yellow eyes came up close behind her and leaned into her ear, "Look familiar?"

The Emerson girl quickly pinned the demon up to the entryway pillar with her magic, "Where is Gordon? Where did he go?"

"Escaped," The demon breathed. "Gone."

"Why did you bring me here?" Haven seethed and she squeezed the pressure of her hold on him tighter.

The demon tilted his head and pushed her off using his powers, sending her flying back until her back met the opposite wall. "Because I wanted to remind you what you're capable of, witch. Didn't it feel good to make Gordon scared that day? To get revenge for what he did to you by trapping him inside his own mind?"

Haven didn't answer which caused yellow eyes to continue, "Don't hold back on me. You know you love the power you possess. How it runs hot through your veins when you get mad or how you can lift things with a twitch of a pinkie finger? Come on, Haven!"