all hell breaks loose pt. 2

chapter forty-one ~ all hell breaks loose

all hell breaks loose pt. 2

The two hunters found themselves trying to get some iron free from an old wheel in an abandoned shed, Jake accompanying them and trying to get iron free as well. The soldier latched onto a rod of the wheel and pulled, the metal pulling off easily under his grip. Sam and Haven looked to him, "I'm not Superman or anything, it's not a big deal."

"You were in Afghanistan when this started?" Sam asked.

"I started getting headaches, then uh, there was this accident. This guy flipped his vehicle on a bad road, he got pinned underneath," Jake tried to gesture with his hands as he explained. "I lifted it off of him like it was nothing. Everybody said it was a fluke adrenaline thing."

Haven perked up from her spot, "Then you did it again, right?"

Jake nodded, "Bench pressed 800 pounds stone cold calm. I never told anybody, of course. It's just too crazy."

"Yeah, well, crazy's relative," Sam explained and threw a glance at the witch beside him.

"I'm starting to get that," Jake laughed before looking to the girl. "So, what can you do?"

The witch looked up, "Oh, I'm not-" She blew out a breath. "I'm not like you guys and I didn't want to freak everyone out." Jake stayed silent and gave her a reassuring nod. "I'm a witch, I was born with my powers and I've had them my whole life."

Jake looked at her weird, "But you're not green and you don't have a broomstick?"

"Not like that kind of witch," Haven laughed, Sam chuckling beside her as well. The brunette took a deep breath before raising a hand up, scarlet red stream poured out of her hands and scattered across the shed. The building came alive as the energy glowed as if it were scarlet red northern lights.

"Damn," Jake said looking up at it. Haven summoned it back as the soldier looked at her. "So, why does he want you if you're not like us?"

Haven shrugged and half lied easily to man, "Your guess is as good as mine. All he told me is that I'm the key."

Jake gestured to the hunters, "Don't know what that means, but I appreciate what you two are doing."

"What are we doing?" Sam asked.

"Keeping calm, keeping them calm. Even considering how freaked to hell you both really are," Jake laid out for them. The duo gave him looks but he waved them off. "I've been in some deep crap before myself, I know the look.

Sam stopped swinging at the iron and didn't meet anyone's eyes, "You want to know the truth? I got this brother, right? And he's always telling us how he's gonna watch out for me. Haven too, she says she always has my back. They always tell me how everything's gonna be ok, kinda of like I've been telling them." The Winchester paused, "I don't know if I believe it this time. I mean, the size of what's coming- it's bigger than anything anyone has ever seen. I mean, it's gonna get bad, and I don't know if-"