headcannons !!

notes
im so sorry , my break was a lot longer than i thought 😭 although i still won't be writing for a while to collect myself and help improve my story, i felt the need to update. i know the relationship just started in the book, but here's some hcs for xiao and y/ns relationship!

-in the book we know itto is a big baby, but xiao is even more sensitive, he just knows how to hide it. Once during a hangout with the whole group, hutao suggested to watch a horror movie. Both xiao and itto rejected the idea for different reasons; ittos being "he's to buff to get scared so watching it is meaningless" and xiaos being "it's obviously fake, horror movies aren't entertaining." Both being excuses for being to scared. Half way through the movie, itto was already crying and hugging yoimiya claiming "his eyes predict the rain" while xiao froze in the first five minutes. when y/n says he's a wimp, she means it. when he's scared he freezes and can't move unless he wants to super badly, so most of the time he sits in the same position and barley blinks whenever he's scared. Once y/n tapped his shoulder during the movie to ask if he wanted snacks, he let out a huge gasp and fell off the couch. luckily for him, a women screamed in the movie and it was louder than him, so only y/n heard it. when the group saw him on the floor he claimed "he was tired of the couch" and watched the rest of the movie on the floor. now throughout the days when y/n and her friends are together, she'll occasionally whisper in his ear randomly to get a reaction, which to her is hilarious.

-during weekends y/n and xiao try to spend at least one day alone together to 'hangout' during the night. (date night in the mcdonald's parking lot). y/n and xiao have taken a liking to sitting in xiaos car while eating fast food in an empty parking lot in the dead of night. the couple rather just be able to be together at all than have a super expensive and edgy date. being together makes them both feel like enough for the other and they would always get watched by their other friends, somehow they still don't know.

-xiao made it a routine to give y/n a 'good morning' and 'goodnight' even through he sleeps much more than y/n, she always replies even if she's still up after. when xiao wakes up from a nap he feels it's necessary to text y/n random out of pocket things, followed by "i died" . once she reads the message, she knows he just woke up.

here's an example !!

xiao
my grandma stepped on a bee and fell off the southern bridge
i think she's busy
but i died

y/n
oh 😭
RISE AND SHINE
HOW WAS THE NAP

-since y/n and xiao are next door neighbors, if one gets bored during the day, one will text the other to "jump out the window" meaning " i'm waiting at my window, come say hi" (😭🤝)
and they will go up to their windows and talk for a bit, before leaving to hangout together. their houses are close enough to the point where xiao and y/ns windows are only separated by a tree that has a ton of markings and hearts y/n and xiao carved together,which y/ns family built a treehouse in when she was younger, and now they connect both windows. so if they wanted to see eachother, they go out their windows onto the treehouse, to the window of the other. this is why yoimiya thinks she should start a matchmaking business, because of how many times she's texted y/n to hear that xiaos in her house and he came through the window.

-the group hangs out a lot, which means tons of sleepovers, and everyone knows that everytime the sleepovers over, that y/n and xiao well still be together the next day. y/n and xiao have tons of sleepovers together !! they always go to the local gas station and pick up snacks for eachother everytime they do. even though xiao does sleep a lot , he's asleep at y/ns house more than his own. most of the time he's over at y/ns for other sleepover together regardless of the situation.

like this !!

xiao
hey 🗣️
it's boring
and cold
can i come over

y/n
im sick 😭
man  wish u were here rn 😓🤝
my throat hurts

xiao
if u wish u was there i'll be there 🙏

y/n
ILL GET  U SICK

xiao
so?
i'll sleep on the couch

y/n
FINE
COME THRIUGY THE WINDIW

-y/n loves listening to music. so most of the time she either has music playing in the background, or has headphones on. xiao started to enjoy her music and started playing her music for himself. which was also one of the reason he started coming over everyday. if she listens to the music he likes he can just listen with her right? therefore y/n and xiao have a shared 2 person spotify premium account with eachother, and when y/n feels giddy she'll send xiao random songs, saying this song reminds her of him.

-when y/n and xiao aren't together, most of the time they're calling eachother. they may seem clingy but they have fun with one another. wether it's streaming movies or series on facetime, screaming at a roblox horror game on vc, or just sitting on the phone not talking. sometimes y/n will see xiao asleep on facetime and will take a bunch of screenshots. now she has an album of pictures of her s/o asleep on call. 😃

notes
once i get off my break i'll update as much as possible bc i don't want this book to die 😭 —hope u enjoyed the story so far  !!