The New Student | chap no.1

Monday 8:25am November 6th 2022 ..
MunchWay High USA, California ..

"Bye Melissa!" I wave to her as she drops me off at my new school: MunchWay High. It had a weird name but that didnt matter I just wanted a good year here maybe get new friends or high grades I dont know. It's my first time in an american school, I'm staying here for one year to well "study" it I guess it took me hours of convincing to my parents im glad they accepted and now I can be free for 1 year doing what I want.

I walk into the school and go up to the desk lady.

"Oh my, Finney you're on time!" The women behind the desk said.

"Um yes ms.." I squint at the nametag thats on the left side of her chest.

'Sheesh I really need glasses if I squinted at that' I thought.

"..Mrs. Waternutt!" I try to not laugh while saying it because she seemed nice and I dont want my first enemy here to be the front desk lady.

"Heres your schedule and all the information you need." She handed me a white piece of paper I look on it and there is my schedule and my locker number and class door numbers.

"Also we are gonna get one of the students to come and show you around." I tense up a little when I heard that. The person whose coming to show me around can either be two types of people: a bitch or the nicest person ever. I want them to be the second option.

"Hey! Mrs Waternutt i'm here!" Someone said.

"Oh, hello dear!" Mrs. Waternutt said with an excited tone.

"Finney, this is Alysse, dont tell the others but she's my favourite student." She giggles while saying the last part both me and Alysse joined in with her.

"I'll try not to." I said with a smile. Mrs. Waternutt is my favourite staff at this school so far.

"And Alysse this is Finney hes a new student, I want you to show him around." She introduces me to the girl and I wave to her she waves back.

"Hi! Lets go find your locker first." She starts off the converstation. I mumble a small ok.

"Show me your paper." I hand her the piece of paper and she leads me to my locker.

"Sooo.. What are your interests?" She asks curiously trying to ignite the converstation.

"Well.. I like musicals an-" I get interrupted.

"WAIT REALLY?!?! Me too! Whats your favourite? I really like Hamilton." Finally someone who likes Hamilton. This makes me happy and i'm like a chatting machine in this conversation. After i'm done putting my stuff in my locker and grab what I need she shows me around. As we go from place to place we talk about all our interests, we have so much in common!

(time skip to lunch)

I go in line to get my lunch its different from my old schools this one is more unhealthy but whatever. I get my lunch I go and find a table I see Alysse waving her hands at me and when she finally sees that I see her she motions to come over. I walk to her and I see another person.

"Hey Alysse! Whose this?" I ask very curious.

"Hey Finn! This is Nayeli she is my friend! We sit here all the time." She answers. I wave to them. They seem like they dont like me that much but whatever I can try my best to befriend them.

"Hi i'm Finney" I greet them. They seem hesitant not sure to trust me or not.

"..Nayeli" They say. Ater that we all talk about the people at our school and our interests, me and Nayeli became more closer the before which made me happy. Nayeli and Alysse are both my best and first friends probably the only friends I need.

So far my first day at this school has been the best.