Chapter Eleven

Dean had almost fallen asleep when Cas spoke.

"Dean?"

"Yes Cas?"

"How do you feel about children?" Dean rolled over so he could see his husband's face.

"I love kids. I, um," Dean laughed and shook his head.

"What?" Cas asked.

"It's just that I never thought I'd ever be having this conversation. Children, a family, a home, it just never crossed my mind that those things could belong to me," Dean explained.

Cas pressed his lips to Dean's. "How many?"

"Uh...two?" Dean said. "How many do you want?"

"Six," Cas said.

"Six?" Dean practically screamed. "We're going to need a bigger house!" They had just moved into a three bedroom house in downtown Lebanon. It was small, but it was only a starter home.

"Quiet, you'll wake Claire," Cas scolded. She was asleep in the other room. "Besides, we already have her, all we need is to adopt five more."

"Are you insane?" Dean whispered.

"I liked having a big family," Cas replied.

"Yeah, and look how that turned out," Dean said trying to make it sound like a joke. He failed.

"And your family was so much better." Dean winced. That struck a nerve, but he was sure his words to Cas hadn't made him feel great either.

"How about three?" Dean asked.

"Four is a nice even number."

Dean sighed. "Fine, but the new house loan is coming out of your paycheck." Jen, who was a psychiatrist, got Cas a job at her office to be her secretary. He enjoyed taking phone calls and buying coffee. And he and Jen had become really great friends.

"It would have to considering you don't have a paycheck, Dean," Cas said.

"Hey now, the auto shop is coming along just fine. We open in a week!" Dean said. Cas smiled and kissed Dean's forehead.

"I'm tired. How about we talk more in the morning?"

"Sure. Night, Cas."

"Goodnight, Dean."

"So let me get this straight," Claire said, scooping some eggs onto her fork. "You guys want three more kids? Are you insane?"

"Maybe," Dean said. Claire just rolled her eyes.

"Well, I have to get to class," she said, slinging her backpack over her shoulder.

"And I should get going as well," Cas said. He leaned over and pecked a kiss on Dean's lips.

"That's all I get?" Dean complained.

"If you're good, you can have more later," Cas said with a wink.

"Um, TMI guys," Claire said slipping out of the door. Cas laughed and followed right behind her.

"I love you, see you around four!" Cascalled.

"I love you too!" Dean responded. He sat back in his chair unsure what to do with himself. He didn't have to head down to the auto shop for another hour. "Eh, what the hell," he said pulling out the laptop. He scoured the internet doing as much research as he could about adoption. He found a website with the profiles of dozens of kids living in different foster homes. That's when he stumbled upon the quadruplets. Their parents died in a car crash, luckily the kids had been home with a babysitter. They were almost seven months old now. Dean picked up his phone and texted Cas the link.