chapter 7

"Have you found it?" Jennie whispered, leaning in close to Irene.

"Negative, it's not in the common room or any of the girls' dormitories," Irene replied, clearly frustrated.

Jennie's eyebrows furrowed, and she shot Irene a sharp side glare that caused the other girl to swallow nervously, feeling the weight of the situation.

Her instincts kicked in, telling her that the item they sought must be hidden in the boys' dormitory.

"Looks like I have to do the work myself," Jennie muttered under her breath.

"Just a minor setback it'll be fine," Irene reassured, trying to lift the mood.

"Yes, and another setback is coming this way." Jennie's eyes flicked toward the approaching figure.

Wonyoung Dumont, a Beauxbatons girl. Jennie noticed she was wearing a white crop top matched with a sky-blue tweed jacket and mini skirt, complemented by a pair of icy blue heels. A sophisticated choice of outfit, gaining a look of approval from Jennie.

"I'm going to excuse myself and get a drink." Irene scurried away, clearly not in the mood to be social.

As Wonyoung approached, her face lit up with excitement. "Jennie it's so nice to see you again," she exclaimed.

Jennie smiled warmly. She leaned in, lightly kissing Wonyoung's cheeks as a customary greeting among friends and family.

"It's so nice to see you too," Jennie replied, "I'm actually surprised you're here," she questioned.

Wonyoung's eyes sparkled as she shared her reason, "I wasn't planning on joining, but when they said we'd be staying at Hogwarts, I knew I couldn't miss this opportunity."

"Well, Hogwarts is surely an interesting place," Jennie gave her a warm smile, though her mind was racing with thoughts about the current situation.

"I've heard that..." Wonyoung began, diving into a lively discussion about the magical school, oblivious to Jennie's distraction.

If this was any other day, Jennie would have been thrilled to chatter and accompany her throughout the day. However, with the task at hand, she knew she needed to find a way to escape this conversation.

Jennie needs to divert her attention, and fast since time is running low. She then spotted her dear brother in the distance, having a conversation with other fellow students.

Jennie's eyes darted between Haruto and Wonyoung, her lips curving into a sly smile.

"Haruto come here," Jennie called, motioning her hands to draw him closer. The mischievous glint in her eyes spoke volumes about her intentions, making him realize the situation.

"I want you to meet Mademoiselle Wonyoung Dumont." Jennie introduced, voice dripping with charm.

Wonyoung's eyes widened in surprise as she looked at Haruto's appearance, her cheeks turning a tinge shade of pink. "She is Mr. Dumont's daughter. I spent time with her when I accompanied Father on his business trip to France last spring."

"And Wony, this is that little brother of mine that I spoke to you about." Jennie's playful grin hinted at the secret she was hiding. Gently shoving Wonyoung forward.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Wonyoung said, her voice soft and sweet as she extended her arm.

Haruto couldn't help but be captivated by Wonyoung's grace and beauty. With a gentle smile, he stepped forward "Likewise, but I must say the pleasure is all mine," he replied, with a slight bow he takes her hand gently in his, his touch sending a tingle down her spine. Bringing her hand to his lips, he bestowed a soft lingering kiss on the back of her hand.