2

Remind me; why am I going to a night school?" Said Ichiru as she glared at Kisuke Urahara who sat across from her in the Urahara Shop.

Urahara fanned himself sighing at his former student, "I got a call from Head Captain Yamamoto who informed me about a strong spirit energy that has only been active at night in that specific location. He made a request that I send one of the most powerful soul reapers who is the best at sensing spiritual pressure from a hundred mile radius." Urahara explained closing his fan and smiled, "We theorized that it might be a substitute soul reaper-or at least a candidate to become one."

Ichiru nodded in understanding but then asked, "If that's the case, why are you sending just me, shouldn't I bring Ichigo along?" She really didn't want to leave her older twin alone if something bad should happen to him, considering how close they are with each other.

Urahara chuckled, "Because out of everyone in the Soul Society, you are one of the best at sensing spirit energy. 'Sides, this is a covert mission for you, you're going to infiltrate the school and find the substitute soul reaper candidate. You can't bring bring Ichigo with you because he is stationed here, but I'll send backup should anything go wrong." he explained as he fished out something from his breast pocket.

"When I heard about the possibility of another substitute soul reaper in this world, I asked the captains and lieutenants to pour their spirit energy into this-" he placed a katana pendant with a silver chain on the table- "so that when you find the candidate worthy of becoming a soul reaper, pour your own energy into this and it will become a katana, then stab it through him to the center of his being. Once he has his powers, bring him here so that we can train him." he said as he slid the necklace toward Ichiru who picked it up to examine it closely before fastening it around her neck sighing, "How have I been reduced to being a surveillance officer?" she rhetorically said as she stood up.

Urahara laughed at her comment as he too stood up, "Remember to give a call when you got him then we can wipe the school's memories of you." he said as he went to another room and came back with her new school uniform to which she looked at with distaste and glared at Urahara before taking the uniform and walked out of the shop and to the Kurosaki House.

When she got to the room she and Ichigo shared, she saw her brother's body on the floor. She sighed knowing that Ichigo is out fighting Hollows as she walked over to his body and laid it down on the bed and sat down beside it waiting for her brother to come home.

She looked at the uniform on her lap then looked at the picture with their family. Their Father, Isshin behind them with his right arm around his wife's shoulder wearing a goofy smile. Their Mother, Masaki had her arms around 8 year old ichigo's front smiling lovingly at her children. Ichigo grinning happily at the camera while holding hands with his younger twin, Ichiru who laughed in the camera as she ruffled little Karin's hair who pumped her fist into the air, grinned wildly in determination with her armed linked with her twin, Yuzu who smiled warmly and waved at the camera. The happy family.

Ichiru stared at her Mother's face then looked at the mirror to her right comparing the features they shared with each other, practically a younger version of Masaki: the mother who died to save Ichigo.

Ichiru wiped a stray tear that streamed down her cheek as she thought of their Mother. Ever since she died, Ichigo stayed closer to Ichiru's side, never separated from her even before they were born. They shared everything; crib, toys, sweets, fears, strength, classes, bed room, and power. Over the years, they made a reputation for themselves, they got into gang fights whenever someone or if a twin is in danger and won won every time. They were named the Kurosaki Twins, because if you mess with one of them, you mess with both of them.

She heard the window slide open and turned to see Ichigo climbing inside and got inside his body. Once he was securely within his body, he sat up and rubbed the back of his neck to work out the soreness.