Chapter 18

{A/N: Last chapter omgggg!!! But no need to worry there willl be a super cute epilogue when i actually think of one xD.. So with no further explanation the final chapter.. dun dun dun xoxo -Chrissy}

After a couple more minutes of walking down the path, I notice there is an opening up ahead.  I have become anxious due to the constant thought in the back of my mind telling me this was meant for me.  I approached an arch, intertwined with the leafy vines and deep lavender flowers.  After moments of studying the loveliness of the plants, I notice that there is someone sitting on the rusty brown bench behind the arch.

"Hey," the mysterious man says, adjusting his position, as if nervous.  

  But, I knew that voice.  I could recognize this voice anywhere.

It was Anthony."A-anthony?" I stutter, squinting and taking a few steps closer.

"I was hoping you'd come," he admits.  "There really wasn't a good chance this would turn in my favor, but I guess it did."

I can tell his voice is timid and scared as if he didn't want to say the wrong thing.  

"Why did you do this?" I ask, although for some reason I think I know the answer.

He stands up and is now right in front of me.  "To quote one of your favorite artists, 'Darling, I will be loving you till we're seventy.  And baby, my heart, would still fall as hard at twenty-three.'  And that wasn't some dumb confession that really isn't real.  I mean every single word."

  "Anthony I,"

"I love you," he interrupts.  "Will you take me back?"  He takes a loose piece of my hair and tucks it safely behind my ear.  My cheeks begin to flush and I can feel them become a deep shade of crimson pink.

 He takes a gorgeous bouquet of flowers from the bench and gives them to me. "Only because they are tulips," I start, giggling.

"Only because they're tulips," he repeats, finally closing the gap between us that seems to have been there forever.  

 And I couldn't be happier.