Chapter 5

"Arisu what are you doing here?" Atsuko questioned as he saw him talking to Kuina and Usagi. "Long story short I had a bag over my head and ended up here," he replied. "I'm sorry about your friends," Atsuko apologized. "Weren't you supposed to heal Chota?" Arisu inquired. "Once the game ended I couldn't find you," Atsuko lied.

"Well it doesn't matter now," Arisu stated not sure if he should be angry with her. So even Atsuko is capable of lying, Chishiya thought as he observed their interaction. "Turn that music down!" A male with long black hair and piercings yelled. "That's the militant group avoid them," Kuina told them.

"My boss said he wanted to see you," Niragi said as a few militants roughly grabbed Arisu. "Oh and bring the girl along with Chishiya's pet," he stated as a few more militants grabbed them. "Hey get off me!" Atsuko yelled as she squirmed trying to get them off her.

"What's going on here?" The leader asked furiously. "I'm just following orders," Niragi stated. "And who is your leader?" Hatter inquired. "I only see Aguni as my leader," Niragi answered. "And who is your leader Aguni?" Hatter asked the man with a scar on his eye. "You are," Aguni answered before him and his militant group walked away.

"The leadership here is on thin ice," Kuina began to explain. "The militants are waiting for their moment to take over," she finished. The air here did seem to shift, Atsuko thought as a shiver went down her spine.

"Seems like I found you," Atsuko said as she tapped Chishiya on his shoulder. "I know you're cooking something up and I want to be apart of it," she stated determined. "Why's that?" Chishiya smirked. "Use me as a scapegoat if you need too," she told him. "You do know that means if you're caught you're dead?" He questioned as if he knew she was stupid. Selfless people like her piss me off, he thought annoyed.

"You have no use as a scapegoat when its time to execute the plan stick with Kuina," he informed her. "What's the plan then?" She questioned. "That's on a need to know basis," he stated. I dont want her too involved she's honest to a fault and that could be bad for the plan, he decided the best course of action was leaving her in the dark. Plus, Kuina would have my head if I did anything bad to Atsuko, Chishiya thought. And, making an enemy out of an ally isn't smart, he concluded.

"I have decided I'll be playing a game tonight," Hatter said to the executives. "You'll be in charge while I'm gone," he put his trust in them.

I have a bad feeling about this, Atsuko thought as she felt her stomach drop. I think the militants might seize control of the Beach, she speculated as she watched Aguni follow Hatter. I need to tell Chishiya, she thought as she decided to run back to the Beach.

"Chishiya I think something really bad is going to happen," she told him in a hurry. "You're more of a schemer than I give you credit for," he teased. "Just listen," she scolded. "I think Aguni is going to assassinate Hatter," she blurted out. "Why do you care?" Chishiya asked. "Well wouldn't it be bad if the militants took over?" She inquired confused.

"Let me rephrase the question," Chishiya stated. "Why do you care if that happens?" He quizzed. "I uh," she tried finding the right words to say. "See you can't come up with a reason," he smirked at her lack of response. "God you piss me off sometimes," she whispered under her breath. "Oh what's this getting angry are we?" He mocked.

"The only thing I see is the perfect opportunity to carry out the plan," he added. "You haven't exactly told me what the plan is," she responded. "I'm going to steal the playing cards," he decided to tell her. "I'm only telling you this because I think you'll be useful," he informed her. "You know Chishiya I would really hate to be your enemy," Atsuko joked.

"Good thing you're not," he joked back. "Oh and Chishiya if I am caught I won't breath a word that you're the one who came up with stealing the cards," she promised. "Think of it as my way of thanking you for saving my life," she concluded. "When did I save your life?" He questioned. "In the appartment building you grabbed me and pushed me out of harm multiple time," she answered.

I did all of that without even thinking, Chishiya realized. "I think you're too nice to take someone down with you anyway," Chishiya retorted. "Maybe I am," she agreed. "Or maybe I just want to protect you the way you've been protecting me," she countered. "You know I was lying when I said that?" He asked. "I know you were!" She screamed at him. "But, I want to believe you aren't as bad of a person as you have everyone believe!" She continued. "I want to have faith in you!" she concluded.

"Well I'm sorry to disappoint but, I'm not a good person," he replied. "You liar," she said disappointed in his response. Why is she so determined to prove I'm a good person? He pondered. "Chishiya I care about you," she started. "And, I know you can't be a bad person," she continued. "I saw it when your patient died you didn't show it on your face but, I saw it in your eyes," she concluded. "What does that mean?" He interrogated. "It means you were hurt and you cared about that kid," she deduced.

"Why do you care about me?" He suddenly asked. "Because I have a feeling we're similar," she responded. "I used to hate the world," she started. "I ended up being abused and mistreated most of my childhood," she continued. "I wanted the world to burn. I was so jealous of others," she carried on. "I then realized that looking down on others out of contempt wasn't how I wanted to live my life," she concluded.

"That's your story not mine," Chishiya wanted to deny the similarities. "I want to care about you Chishiya so please let me," she begged. "Do what you want but, this doesn't make us friends," he responded. Atsuko cheered at the small victory. "Whatever just admit it I'm growing on you," she teased. Maybe you are, he agreed.