Bird of the Gods

(cover by EvelynHail)

Schoolteacher Fiona is on a mission for grandpa – find a missing Zimbabwean artefact, the precious soapstone "Bird of the Gods". 

Conrad – dodgy archaeologist contracted to the stunning influencer Amanda aka #mandalove – has the same job. 

When Fiona and Conrad's paths cross, what was supposed to be a straightforward quest turns into a crazy race around the world. With antagonists popping up at every corner – from mountain tops to underground settings like Serbian caves, frozen Canadian crypts, and the silver mines of the old West, Fiona and Conrad have to work together to catch their bird. 

Mutual respect grows into something more intimate. But not everything is quite as it seems, and they had better watch their backs lest they too end up underground, this time permanently.

 But not everything is quite as it seems, and they had better watch their backs lest they too end up underground, this time permanently

Writer's Relay is a project for Wattpad writers willing to collaborate, plan and write a continuous story together in a larger group. In this first edition, sixteen selected writers contributed to Bird of the Gods, an archaeological spy-adventure mystery with a sprinkle of romance.

Each chapter of the story has initially been published on its author's profile, and like our protagonists, our readers had the chance to travel across the world and Wattpad.

We are now collating all chapters together in the following pages... Follow the adventures of Fiona and Conrad all around the Globe!