Chapter 7

I make it home and change into p.j.s when I get a text from Jackson saying he's off work.

     What would you want to do if you came over? You know I don't even have a couch to sleep on.

     Good point, then you should come over to my apartment. I have a large couch we can watch a movie on.

     Maybe tomorrow night. Tired long day of cleaning. Goodnight.

     Goodnight sweet dreams.

     I roll my eyes, and put my phone on the charger. I do think some space is probably needed, he really jumps head first into relationships. I put Jane the Virgin on and curl up in my blankets. I really can't wait for my bed to be here.

     The next day I go shopping again, and spend the rest of the day at the shop organizing. I go straight home and decide to cook, I make myself chicken and rice. Jackson has texted me through out the day, and I've responded. I tell him I'm spending a quiet night in, so he tells me good night early.

     I finish dinner around seven p.m, and am bored out of my mind. Now is when I wish I had a dog or someone to hang with. I decide to go on a walk around my neighborhood, the neighborhood is silent since it's dark out. And it totally creeps me out. I go a mile, watching my mileage tracker, then I turn back. I think I'll go to the beach next time I want a walk. Or maybe I'll get a dog? No I won't be home enough once the store opens. Well, everything does close down around six, though I planned on being open till eight. We'll just see what the customer flow is first.

     The next few nights are about the same, I try to keep my distance and let the feelings that are building up fade away. Only they aren't fading away. I give in around eight and text Jackson.

     What are you doing tonight?

     Watching Netflix. Want to join me?

     Yes.

     He sends me his address, he's not too far away, about fifteen minutes. I realize as I knock on his door that I'm in my p.j.s, a soft blue tank and flannel bottoms. I shrug hopefully he doesn't care.

     "Hey babe," Jackson opens the door shirtless, and oh my, I may need to fan myself as I check out his abs.

     "Can you please put a shirt on, that" I gesture to his chest, "Is very distracting."

     He just grins and tugs me inside, then he does what I least expect pushing me against the closed door and kissing me senseless before disappearing down a hallway. Returning a moment later in a shirt. And I'm still against the wall.

     "What was that for?" I sputter.

     He tugs me to the couch, I sit down, he places a blanket on me then hands me a bowl of popcorn. I break out into giggles, "I'm so confused now. Did you really just give me a mind melting kiss then tuck me in a like a child?"

     He grins, "Why yes I did. I think I may have missed you while you were figuring yourself out."

     I bite my lip, "That is what I was trying to do. And all I could think about was you." I accuse.

     He flops onto the couch next to me, and grabs another blanket, "So perhaps you want to date after all? I have to tell you it's not just me that can't stop thinking about you."

     Ellroy comes out of the kitchen grinning at me. My eyes widen. "We're roommates. Are you hungry? I'm making burritos."

     "I'd love one thank you." I turn back to Jackson, "Are you implying you wouldn't mind sharing me with your friends?"

     Jackson holds up a finger and hands me a book. "Read this then we'll go back to that topic. Now have you watched the Summer I Turned Pretty?"

     I frown, "No I don't think I have." He turns on Prime, and we snuggle in together. The show is awkward and hilarious, my mind is stuck between the kiss, the book, and sharing is that a thing? Wouldn't they get jealous? Why me? I'm not anything special.

     Ellroy brings us each a burrito and scoots me more towards Jackson as we share the couch. My hormones are going insane, I am very aware of Jackson's arm slung around me, his thigh touching mine, and Ellroy's finger's lightly trailing my other leg. Around eleven I decide it's time to go home. I hug Ellroy good night and thank him for feeding me. Jackson, oh boy, his kiss melts me again, and it's only a kiss not even groping? I stumble back to my car, panting.

     I make it home, grab a beer, I purposely leave my phone in the kitchen so I don't beg Jackson to come over and continue what he started. Instead I grab the book, Finding My Pack. I don't sleep until I finish the book around four a.m. I totally see what Jackson was talking about, in the book the main girl has eight mates, imagine having eight men! Okay so I may be more inclined to discuss the possibility.

     I wake up too late for breakfast, I send a text to Jackson like I'd like to discuss the book sometime today, and that he better have the second ready for me to read.

     Atlas startles me by running through the bedroom chasing something. I scream and jump from my blankets to see what he's chasing. A freaking cat nip ball. I scoop him up scolding him for scaring me, and go to feed him. I'm pretty sure that is what this scene was about, I'm late with his breakfast.

     I feed him and glance at the messages on my phone, two from Aric, which I ignore, and one from Jackson, saying he'll be over tonight after work with the second book. I giggle and go get ready for the day.