-Festival Gone Wrong-

Viola skidded to a halt, staring down at Sanctuary from where she'd gone on a walk. Oh, the festival started already? Wow, I was- gone for longer than I thought I was. Oops.

She walked down the path that lead to the main part of Sanctuary, stumbling slightly as she reached the end of the path and swearing under her breath. "Stupid- path."

Viola hadn't exactly managed to get... anything to help with the festival, actually, but she still wanted to join in.

When she finally reached the end of the path, she was greeted by her brother chattering excitedly to a boy with neat brown hair, glasses and brown eyes. I swear I've- ohhhh, he's the son of the bard guy my dad is friends with. I think? Maybe?

"Hey Sol! Did the festival start already?" Viola queried, practically tripping over her own feet and straightening swiftly before her brother could laugh.

"Yup. You were gone for a while." Sol said with a shrug. "And you got... zero festival supplies, I see." He added wryly.

"Shut up." Her gaze flicked to the boy stood next to Sol. "Who is... who-? I'm sorry if I've met you and forgotten your name, I have the worst memory." Viola added wryly.

"Bennett. And uh, we have not met, so don't worry." The brunette added with an awkward smile.

"I see. You're from the- Ancient Capital, right? Or- Olipeligo? Maybe?" Viola added thoughtfully.

Bennett blinked. "Uh... both? Technically? I spend most of my time at the Ancient Capital though." The bespectacled teen added wryly.

"Oh. Cool." She stared at him for a moment longer before looking back at Sanctuary. "So the festival started already...?"

"Yeah, you were gone for like- three hours, Vi." Viola rolled her eyes at her brother's irritating nickname.

"If you call me Vi again, I will hit you." The brunette threatened lamely.

"Sorry... Vi." Sol let out a laugh, dodging his sister's vain attempt at a punch in his direction.

Bennett glanced between the two, looking mildly alarmed. "Is this- normal?" They queried slowly.

"Yep." Her brother said with a shrug.

"Ohhh. So... Vi is short tempered. Got it." The brown-eyed boy added with a laugh, earning himself a punch from Viola as well, although she did swing so fiercely that she unbalanced herself and ended up face down on the ground as she tripped over her own feet.

"I SWEAR TO-" Viola sighed before glaring pointedly at Bennett. "You could at least help me up, douchebag. Considering the fact that you tripped me up."

Her brother's new friend frowned, although he still appeared to be slightly amused. "You punched me and fell over. I wouldn't exactly call that tripping you up, Viola." At least they're using my name now. Viola thought with a shrug as she got to her feet.

"Hm. Debatable. I'm gonna go see if Papa needs any help with anything. You can stay here with your loser friend." The girl said with a huff, spinning around and walking away.

She could vaguely hear her brother apologising for her behaviour as she left.

——

Olivia glanced around with a slightly bored expression. "Mannn, this festival thing is boring." She whined.

"It's not too bad. Yes, it's hosted by a guy on the opposite side of the war to us, but it's in the hopes of achieving peace, so-" She sighed at her brother's speech.

"Yeah, yeah. It won't work though- that Chromia guy seems really mad about the whole... thing." The last word was accompanied by a vague hand gesture from the cat hybrid.

"'Chromia guy'? You mean Scott?" Charlie echoed curiously, although his gaze was flicking around the area as he spoke.

"Yeah, I- you are paying me literally no attention. Are you looking for that guy you were practically drooling over last time we came to Sanctuary?" Olivia asked skeptically as her brother let out an alarmed yelp.

"NO- I WASN'T DROOLING! And- so what if I wanted to try and get to know him? I didn't get to talk to him last time." Charlie said with a huff.

"I'm sure you want to do a lot more than just get to know him. Besides," The pink haired girl added, cutting off the cat hybrid's protests, "He's the son of someone that Mum- and our entire empire- is at war with. So..." Olivia shrugged, glancing away.

She raised both eyebrows with a mildly intrigued expression as she watched Kay's father leave the group, heading down a street that lead towards Sanctuary's church (the cat hybrid could only assume it was a church based on the sheer size of the building) and clutching a cyan shulker box that was overflowing with something red, white and black. That looks...interesting.

She exchanged a look with Charlie, who sighed and nodded reluctantly as Olivia grabbed his wrist and dragged him after her as the pair followed the leader of Chromia.

——

Rose glanced up from her spot leaning against the (very colourful) wall as she heard a voice. "Well, look who it is! I thought you ran off to another empire. What are you doing here?" She frowned slightly as she recognised her older sister, Eclipse.

"Every empire was invited to the festival. I figured I'd come along." Rose said quietly, glancing around the area. If Eclipse was here, then her moms wouldn't be far away.

"Ah, I see. Why'd you run off? Our parents have missed you, you know." Ignoring the subtle implication that Eclipse hadn't missed her, the younger of the pair shrugged awkwardly, glancing around again.

Her gaze was desperately searching through the crowd for Missy, who had run off to play some of the festival games with a promise of returning in five minutes (it had been ten), vaguely hoping that the blonde haired girl would come running over any moment.

"So where've you been hiding out then?" Her sister asked curiously as Rose glanced sideways at the buildings on the hill looming above the rest of Sanctuary.

Rose was about to respond when the church of St. Pearl blew up.

HAJSKQKSJWJSK I LOST MOTIVATION FOR THIS IM SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED SINCE DECEMBER

ANYWAY IM BACK NOW :D

Also, a small notice: not all of the characters will get POVs, there'll be a few of the recurring characters that will be 'main' characters, so to speak (Rose, Missy, Sol and Viola, Melody and Bennett, and maybe Kay) but the other characters will still be there :D it's just kinda hard to write so many characters-

Comments and votes are appreciated <3 :]

I don't proofread so sorry for any errors :)