Let The Games Begin

I think I'm going to die.  

I slap myself on the face again in the bid to kill a fly. David is filming different camera angles of Old Man Black's house, Victoria is taking photos, Alyssa is sitting under my frangipani tree texting, and I have the stupid job of standing in front of the camera blabbering about Old Man Black's life. Wearing a business suit doesn't help either. I can feel the sweat forming in my bra. I swear once I remove them, a large pool of murky water will form at my feet.  

I finish saying my oh so mundane speech that could send a thirteen year old to their grave, whilst trying not fumble with my bra as David says, "Cut!" I breathe a sigh of relief as I kick of my shoes and undo the top button of the shirt mum let me borrow for the project. Speaking of mum, she's coming out of the house with some lemonade. She doesn't wander far though. There's no way on this planet she's going anywhere near Old Man Black's property.  

Before we left the house she went through all the numbers to call in case of an emergency, ranging from triple zero to the police. I'm quite surprised she knows all their phone numbers.  

She soon calls us over to have some lemonade. Victoria is quick to jump up at the offer. She hates summer and it's all to do with physics. You see, in year eight we learnt about colours and how they absorb heat. Once the teacher said that black absorbed the most heat, Victoria exclaimed, "That's why I feel so hot in summer." It was very awkward because it wasn't meant to be a racial thing. Victoria just pokes fun at it every single time. Whenever I complain that I'm boiling she says she's turning into roast turkey because she absorbs more heat.  

I'm still trying to think of a non racist come back. I wonder how she'll survive wearing nun clothing.  

As we take our lemonade, mum and David start having a very intense d&m (deep and meaningful conversation) about life. What is the world coming to? When I told her I was doing the project with him, she said, "Is he your boyfriend?" I choked on my spaghetti. Dad just glared at mum. I think he wants to put me in a nunnery. I think I'd die, even though I'd have Victoria as company. I must add, mum's cooking class is sort of coming in handy. She hasn't killed us yet so that's a great improvement. Dad still doesn't trust her. She almost stabbed him with a knife once because he wouldn't leave her alone in the kitchen.  

We end up finishing at around six thirty, just before dad comes home. Victoria, Alyssa and David depart ways and I head off to my room and lay on my bed.  

I've survived day one and my tits are itchy.  

************** 

Mr Gold has called Hotpants and I to a very important meeting in his office. Kill me now. What is he going to say? "I hope you're doing your assignment and not doing da da da on the job."  

I don't know why, but the guy has been getting on my nerves over the past few weeks.  

I flop myself on a chair in front of him just as Hotpants walks in. He slouches on his chair and gives me one of his seductive winks. I think I need to puke. Actually no. I can feel myself going blind.  

"So I have called you today regarding your code of conduct at school. Having sex and make-out sessions at school is not tolerated." Damn straight, I was right. "I hope you two are doing your assignment and not dilly dallying?"  

"We have Victoria and Alyssa with us." Hotpants replies. The look on Mr Gold's face is priceless. Oh no. He doesn't think... Aww eww!  

"I'm becoming a nun." I blurt out just making the situation more awkward.  

"Really?" Mr Gold looks interested.  

"Yes. I'm thinking of attending one in New Norcia." For the first time, I'm happy I've listened to Victoria blabber on and on about her nun plans. "You can even check it out. It's nice and small. It's pretty good quiet living."  

"I'm asexual." Hotpants says sarcastically before pointing to me. "Why would I sleep with her? She looks like she just came from a dumpster."  

"And you look like you just came from the sewer."  

Burn.  

Hotpants can kiss my arse while he nurses the bruise.  

He frowns, "Not nice Blondie."  

I shrug, "Not my problem."  

Mr Gold exits us from his office and tells us to do our work. Hotpants mutters under his breath and I ignore him.  

"See you at four thirty." I say as I'm about turning towards the year twelve area. I'm almost make it when Hotpants grabs me by the arm and pushes me towards the supply closet. I swear the douche bag has a thing for pushing me against something. "What do you want?" I hiss.  

"Do you really want to be a nun?"  

"I don't see why that is any of your business." His face is close to mine. Too close for comfort.  

He runs his hand on my cheek, "Remember our little Facebook friendship?"  

"Fuck you." I force myself out of his grasp and begin walking away as he yells out.  

"You are just like them Amanda. You just do a damn good job at hiding it. You wanted me once remember? You confessed your love for me," People begin filling the hallway. "You love me Amanda. I know you do. Just quit the bad girl attitude." People once again stare at me, especially the ducks. The dumb bitches gape at me with their mouths open. They better shut it before my fist flies in their face.  

I flip the bird in Hotpants' direction.  

He's probably going to forget about me and have some fun later with a power hungry duck or some poor lonely girl.  

Dickhead.