[02] the boy from heaven

Scarlet, Caleb, and a few other people gathered around the young man from above. A robot stepped forward and warned his human friends, "Humans, don't touch it. Maybe this body is sick... look how pale its skin is. That one must me sick."

"How in the world is he alive...?" Caleb looked up in disbelief. Above them was only a dim light. The elders told stories about the upper floors where wealth is common and everyone has plenty to eat. We never saw someone from above until now. Dressed in all white, the blonde boy that had fallen was obviously out of place here.

The people around started to argue about whether to take the boy home and care for him or just leave him there as food for the creature. While most, including Caleb, chose to abandon the blonde, Scarlet took him into her arms with the will to care for him.

"Jupiter... I need... Jupiter..," his voice sounded and Scarlet looked around. What does he mean by Jupiter? It didn't take her long to notice a white broken robot with a cat-like appearance.

Scarlet picked up the robot as well and brought both that and the boy back to their workshop. Although with hesitation, Caleb followed her in caution because he too, was curious. The both of them examined their two guests and noticed three glowing tags on the boy's clothes. Two blue, and one orange. The blue tags had 'DELTA' written on them, while the smaller, orange one had 'Connor R. Winters - Sector Delta' on them.

"So his name might be Connor," Scarlet figured and Caleb took the white cat-like robot to the back where he planned to repair it.

Suddenly Connor opened his both blue and orange eyes in shock. He breathed heavily as his vision only slowly got clearer and clearer.

The boy's eyes amazed Scarlet as she came closer a little bit. "Hello, I'm Scarlet! Welcome to the Rabbit Foot, or Rabbit Hole if you want to call it that. You fell from our sky!" she wanted to talk a lot more but realized Connor didn't paid attention to her.

He said in a silent but wonderful voice: "I wanted to see heaven..."

"Heaven? Do you know something about the overworld?" Caleb joined the already one-sided conversation. He too wanted to see the overworld, that wish was the same for almost everyone in the Rabbit Hole.

Connor replied without looking up, "Call it whatever... My dreams got crushed and betrayed the same. Nothing is... Everything now."