chapter four, family.

DISCLAIMER: So I bought "Avatar: The High Ground," so there's gonna be spoilers since it's a graphic novel that takes place directly before the second movie. Though, I'm very excited because it's given me a lot of material to write with! But if you're uncomfortable with spoilers, it might be difficult to read (there's a few important plot pieces and dialogue directly taken from the book). So, with that, I just want to say that the world of Pandora, its characters, and the plot lines belong to Sherri L. Smith, the author, and James Cameron, the creator who began this franchise.

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

❝Failure doesn't make you any lesser.❞

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

     "YOU SEEM TO FORGET you were just as fidgety during your iknimaya, sky-boy," Ni'Alu whistled, rolling her eyes at the adolescent boy who was ridiculing his brother's anxiety. The three sat at their current settlement's roots, its curves acting as makeshift lounging spots. Despite the two years which had passed since their own ceremonies, Ni'Alu believed that he still acted like a baby—one constantly on the brim of a tantrum.

     In response, the boy merely laughed, playfully jabbing the girl's ribs. She squawked, jolting backwards—a faint dusting on her cheeks. "Your face!" He teased, pointing at the girl's flushed features. But, before he could truly revel in the sight, she lurched forward, attempting to grab the boy's tail in retaliation; a fruitless endeavor, really, as he simply ducked to the side, quickly tip-toeing around the girl, giddiness undeniably visible in his eyes.

     "Skxawng," she gritted, her ears flattening against her hair. "You are being childish." She waved him off, turning to face the younger boy they sat beside. In the past year she'd spent a lot of time with the Sully bunch—and despite her initial reluctance, she had enjoyed the time spent with each of the siblings, enough to view them as friends. As family. Lo'ak's expression faltered, his eyes darting in a twitchy manner. She raised a brow, his nerves were quite obvious. So, to sooth the boy, she gently patted his head, "Do not listen to your brother, he is a moron with lips." The last part she delivered with a not-so-subtle glare, to which Neteyam at least had the decency to look embarrassed. Still, her gaze warmed for a moment, "but he's just nervous, too. His baby brother is growing up, after all."

     Lo'ak straightened up. "I am not a baby; I am a man—or, well, soon to be." Ni'Alu giggled, but nodded at the young Na'vi's enthusiasm. She wasn't much different his age, after all. "When will dad get us?" Neteyam shrugged.

      "Soon, I'm sure. He'll make you go to the Tree of Souls. Ni'Alu and I had to do it." As if manifested by the three's conversation, the Olo'eyktan strode in front of them.