Ch 9: Umm? Ruki?

.
.
Anim was just stomping around in the mansion when he suddenly bumped into someone. "Ah- sorry!" The boy apologised as finally the taller male turned around and looked down. "It's you.." 

"Hello, Ruki," Anim smiled as he stepped back from his, "What are you doing?" He asked. "I don't think it's important for you to know..." He stated that as he began walking away, Anim still followed him and asked him a few questions. 

"So... what happened to that Adam project?" he asked, "Eve's awakening hasn't started yet. We all have just been waiting for that moment." Ruki truthfully answered. 

"Awakening huh... How.. how exactly would you guys know?" 

"Some shifts in her blood, some odd scent that can drive vampires to turn into blood sucking beasts" 

"I.. See.." Anim nodded. He wondered if it somehow related to the vision he saw. It was clear that what Anim saw was from an outside Prospective into Yui's consciousness. He wasn't sure how he would actually help her out of that cage, but he had a bad feeling about it anyway. 

"You seem to be quite interested in this." Ruki spoke again, sitting down on the couch in the living room and opening a magazine. Anim sat on the other couch and nodded, "It involves Yui... and I fear something bad will happen to her." 

"You seem to be quite fond of her." 

"It's natural that someone would always want to be around a person who... saved them from falling into a dark place." Anim spoke, a small smile appearing on his face. 

Anim wasn't loved at the church; everyone hated him for being rebellious and liking guys as well. The church generally didn't treat anyone right, but Anim was hated to the highest degree. Probably because he came back to life in the church and the people took him as the literal devil or something. 

Until Yui came, someone should bless that sweet child because she was a literal angel that he was given. She would save him from the beating, she would sneak food for him when he was done being beaten, and she was the only one who played with him. Anim might as well die for her multiple times, only to come back and die again. Or kill someone. 

which is true. He can do that now, he HAS done that.

"Hm.. So your origins aren't as smooth, huh?" Ruki spoke as he closed his magazine. "Anim Kurushimi, am I right? The missing dead child of the Kurushimi Death Incident"

"Yeah, how do you know that?" 

"Research."

"Of course... Reiji-reject will be like Reiji." Anim let out a dry laugh as Ruki closed his magazine. "Don't compare me to that brat," Ruki said. "That is, if you want to stay locked inside this house forever." 

"Ho-ok, sir." Anim vowed to never call Ruki, Reiji-reject. "Anim, would you perhaps do me a favor?" Ruki spoke as he looked at the boy. 

Anim nodded and looked curiously at him, "Can you convince Eve.. to pick one of us as Adams?" 

"What... but Ruki that is-" 

"Otherwise, I would not allow you to go to school next week."

"Ruki... That's not-.. "Wait, Ruki. You know that you guys can't become Ada-" 
"What's wrong with dreaming, Anim? We all once desired to escape that hell of an orphanage, and we did. After so much hard work, we managed to escape"Ruki cut Anim off before he could finish. 

"Ruki..." Anim muttered as he stood and walked towards him, "We can talk if something is wrong. You don't have to sit on false hope.

"Don't you dare call it false hope!" Ruki stood up as he yelled at him. "YOU don't have any idea of what we brothers HAVE been THROUGH. You can only look into someone's consciousness! You can't see how they actually feel. So don't even dare say that this is false hope"

Anim stubbled back; he had never seen Ruki this mad before. But he didn't say anything wrong... But if Ruki wants to have this false dilution, he can keep it. "I won't support you on this... It's Yui who will pick. Not me; I can't direct her thoughts, just like you said. 'I can't understand someone's actual feelings.'"

Ruki looked down at Anim. He sighed as he put his hand on his face, and a groan escaped his lips as he sat back down on the couch. Anim looked down at Ruki; a part of him felt bad for him. Anim patted Ruki's shoulder and said, "If you want to become Adam so bad... then fine, do that. But it's only you and your actions that can drive Yui's decisions." 

Ruki looked up, "How can you say that with such confidence?"

"I am not saying that with confidence... I am saying that because I know you won't listen." Anim answered, "My main concern is Yui. I know what will happen if the plan fails, and in both ways Yui will die." 

"How far have you seen..." Ruki asked, and Anim just looked away from him as he crossed his arms, "Just enough to know that whatever you do would will ultimately kill her... " 

Ruki fell silent, and Anim just gave him a pitiful look as he started to walk away. This concern is slowly creeping in about Yui and everyone's well-being... 

Anim looked at his ring, an idea coming to his mind. It's going to affect his health to some degree, but... He has to know the complete truth... 

Who knew an atheist would be so involved in someone's stupid biblical fantasies?