Ch 22: Embrace.

A/n: let me just say this. Episode 11 was the fucking highlight of the entire season and I just- like- I thinks it pretty danm good now that I have rewatches it.

====================================
.

Anim sat on the edge of the window as he stared out, wondering if Yui and Ruki had made up from their argument or not. Anim wore his parents' ring as he caressed it, just remembering odd memories he could have sworn never existed but did.

His gaze shifted to the ring Karl had given him, staring at it spitefully as he sighed. "I am so tired.." He muttered out as he rested his head back. He wasn't able to figure out a way to make the ring do what he wanted. 

He was exhausted, both physically and mentally. So many things have just been going left and right that now it's becoming hard to actually focus. 

But he still puts on a smile whenever he thinks that Yui is doing better.
But.. What about him though..? 

"It doesn't matter as long as everyone around me is doing alright." Anim told himself as he nodded. For some odd reason, tears started to form on the corners of his eyes. 

Why...? 

-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-

"Ruki... " Yui muttered as she sat with Him, waiting for him to wake up. The other brothers told her all about their motives. Their intentions for why they did what they did... even explained why Ruki was acting this way.

She looked out at the window and wondered what must be going on in the house while she was here. She had noticed how stressed Anim has been lately; he fidgeted a lot even when he was smiling. Each day, he looks more and more exhausted. 

She sighed as he worried about what was going to happen in the coming future. She wished Anim would start to think more about himself, whether he is okay or not. She also wished for Ruki to wake up. 

She heard a little rusle as she saw Ruki finally wake up and sit up. "Ruki.. Your awake." She smiled, "What are you doing here.." Ruki asked. 

"I heard that you got injured. And I was worried..." She answered as she walked up to him, "Don't bother..." He told her. 

She went silent for a few minutes before saying, "I heard about the plan. The Adam Project...You were trying to become Adam, right...?" 

"Shut up..." 

"You're worried about that; don't hold everything in... You should at least talk to someone about it... "

"What good will it bring? It will not change anything!"

Yui pressed her lips together as she looked down. "We can't become Adam. None of us can.." He finally admitted and came to terms with the fact that what he was doing was hopeless.

"I realised something... Even if someone is told that something is wrong multiple times, he will only understand its true meaning once it actually happens..." Ruki sat up as he continued to speak. 

"So.. I have come to some conclusions.. We were trying to achieve something that was just impossible from the start. Anim told me this multiple times, but only now do I understand the true heaviness of it... He really is a surprise." 

"There is no way I could actually tell the others this..." Ruki completed his sentence as Yui hummed in understanding, "I see... but isn't it possible that they have also realised this by now?" she spoke. 

"You have been struggling all on your own to turn into Adam and start the awakening...Its possible that others already know about this..." The night sky cleared of all the clouds as the light of the moon shined on Yui, and Ruki turned his head to see the gentle expression Yui held. 

"Your brothers told me how you put them first. And I think... that's much greater than becoming Adam." She smiled a little as Ruki's eyes widened a bit. Turning his head around, he said, "I can't believe I am being cheered up by you..."

Ruki got up as he looked down at her with a gentle expression, taking her into a light embrace, then closing his eyes to relax. "I don't understand you... Is it because you are Eve?" 

Ruki's grip tightened just a little, and Yui closed her eyes as he hugged him back, "Please stay this way..  You are mine, and my Eve alone." He whispered into her ear, "Stay with me.." 

Yui smiled a little as she just nodded slightly. The night befell them, and a comfortable silence surrounded them. They had the whole night to themselves and them alone, just as they always wished for...