Storms of Fear - Chapter 32

"Prepare yourself, Hatter, this torture will be sweet... for me that is." Magdala taunted once more, as she got ready to throw one of her entrapment spells. She planned on starting somewhat easy before she moved on to her ability of pressure, she love watching the person feel like they were being compressed from all sides, until they exploded, or drove them crazy, depending on how much she did it. Her smile grew menacingly just thinking about it.

Throwing her power toward Hatter, she was surprised when it suddenly stopped mid-air. Magdala stared in disbelief, this shouldn't be possible. There should be no way that Hatter could do something like this, sure he had a powerful defense, but nobody in Wonderland should have this ability. A loud powerful screech filled the air, causing a different screech to join in. What exactly was going on here?

Looking up toward the sky, Magdala saw a large Jabberwocky fill the sky. Something inside her snapped as the control she had over the female Jabberwocky was disconnected. The huge shadow covered over her and Hatter in the field, swooping closer, until it landed on the ground. A young girl descended off the beast and Magdala had only one thought in her mind, this was impossible, how could this be? There was no possible way her sister could still be alive, she couldn't help but say out loud, "Marigold?"

Hatter had a huge smile on his face as he saw Alice arrive on the scene, finally, she was here. There was no time to stand still though, it was time to put their plan into place. Seeing Magdala distracted he made his way toward the female Jabberwocky.

The female had heard the mating call of Jabber and the glaze over her eyes disappeared. Instead, Jabber's voice filled her head informing her of the plan. Suddenly her voice filled Hatter's head and said, "Jabber has told me what we must do, thank you so much for freeing me, come quickly so we can form the bond. You may call me Jacky, I am on my way to meet you."

Meanwhile, Alice was facing off against her ruthless Aunt, the person who had taken her parents away from her, the reason she was sent from this place, to begin with. Magdala was staring at her as if she had seen a ghost when suddenly she spoke again. "No, no you cannot be Marigold, even though you do look exactly like her. She never had any children, unless... was that what she was talking about; right before she died? Oh, that would be just like Marigold, always the clever one. The problem is, I never heard anything about you, and I had spies everywhere in that palace, there were no signs of her being pregnant. That then begs the question, who exactly are you?"

It was as if Magdala was trying to figure things out, and it made Alice gloat with pleasure. "You don't know everything you think you do. Marigold was in fact my mother, she was able to hide her pregnancy and I was taken to another world before you arrived, in order to keep me safe. The prophecy of long ago was not about you, it was meant for me. Everything that you have done will be answered for, and Wonderland will be freed once and for all." Alice informed her firmly, the promise sounding threatening.

"My, my dearie, you think just because your Mother was able to hide you from me all these years, I won't end you as I did her? I will give you one opportunity to go back to wherever you grew up, and leave here Alice. I rarely offer someone this, so take it while you can. On the other hand, I should just kill you now, no need for you to try this pathetic attempt at revenge. Even if you did stop my powers once, doesn't mean you will be able to defeat me. Many people have tried before you and they have all failed, but I haven't had a good fight in ages, so why not?! And who am I kidding, I wasn't about to just let you leave here alive." Magdala waved her hand as if swatting away at a pesky fly, an evil gleam sparking in her eyes.

"I highly doubted you would have let me leave here alive. You saw me fly in on another Jabberwocky, and you have lost control of your other Jabberwocky, which means your Basilisk is in trouble. Oh yes, you didn't think I knew about that, well that is exactly why I brought along Jabber here." Alice stated proudly, looking at the miffed face of Magdala as she gazed at her with a moment of surprise before she tried covering it up.