000, prologue

BACK TO YOU ... 000, the prologue

in which aloras word gets
turned upside down

CHOI ALORA liked to think she was born twice--originally born as a small, innocent, independent girl in the small suburbs of her hometown on October 16th, 1999

CHOI ALORA liked to think she was born twice--originally born as a small, innocent, independent girl in the small suburbs of her hometown on October 16th, 1999. Then born again on July 17th, 2016 when her parents broke the news to her.

Alora was always a girl to stay the same, change was not her style. She could think back to some of her earliest moments when she didn't want her life to change, from her first few haircuts, to even moving classes every year in grade school. Change was inevitable in everyones' life, or so Alora thought. The girl decided, she would do everything in her power to make sure her life stayed at persistent stay still. Whether that meant switching her class routes in high school to stay the same even if she was late, or trying to take classes that kept the same teachers, Alora would take the extra mile. Change was something that scared her, she was scared of the unknown or what could come of something.

JIANG MEI sat patiently on the small pink twin bed, watching as her best friend paced back and fourth around her room. The girls eyes trailed behind every step Alora took, "Lor, is it really that big a deal? What could possibly be so bad?"

It was a bright August day, the sun was shining down into the small window on the north side of Aloras' room. Together in the room stood two girls, the girl who the room belonged to, Choi Alora, and her best friend since kindergarten, Jiang Mei. The two had been inseparable since childhood, but not in a weird creepy way, the girls had always had other friends, but would always find their way back to each other.

Mei had been at her best friends home for about twenty minutes when she received a call insisting it was absolutely urgent she come to her house. But there Mei was, still sitting in the exact position she had been in since she got there, still confused to what all the commotion was about.

Alora continued to drag her feet around her room, her head had been pounding since the morning, she was unable to sleep or eat. Her brilliant idea instead was to call over her best friend to solve her troubles, though there was one issue: she was so stressed out she forgot to tell her what she was stressed about.

"I just can't do it!"

"Do what?"

Alora basically threw her neck back when the words left Meis' mouth, she caught a breathe to begin chewing her friend out. That was when Alora looked at Meis' face that truly had a look of confusion written all over it, she realized now, she had totally forgotten to explain her troubles, "Ohmygod, I'm sorry Meme. I am just so incredibly stressed out for senior year. I still haven't heard back about my AP scores and i'm worried something went wrong with my tests."