003, i see how it is

(🕯)...BACK TO YOU. 003, i see how it is

— in which being late
works out to Aloras favor.

"Excuse me," The short girl stated, "I need a late slip

"Excuse me," The short girl stated, "I need a late slip."

The office was hustling and bustling this fine morning, the air smelled of freshly brewed coffee and the bright smell of pine which most likely peaked in through the open window. The office had many students sitting in the small plastic chairs that Alora had found herself in just a day before.

Alora could feel her anxiety levels begin to rise as she watched the clock tick, she was waiting for the office woman behind the desk to realize she was trying to talk to her.

"Um," Alora started again, "Excuse me."

"Mallory you are so funny!" The lady exclaimed, she clearly was in her own little world, unaware of her surroundings. The lady sat in her chair, her fingers intertwining with the phone cord as she listened to what Alora thought was a teacher over the phone.

Alora let out a deep sigh before she leaned over the counter, "Excuse me, ma'am."

The lady finally spun her chair around to face Alora, giving her a smile, "Do you need a late slip, honey?"

Alora nearly busted through the doors to the office, every foot step she made echoed through the hallway. She was now looking at the same hallway from the day before, but instead with curiosuty, it almost felt like something was crushing her. The hall seemed to keep getting longer as she sped walk to her class, she felt like no matter how far she walked she was making no progress to get to her class.

Alora was never one to be late, in her whole school carrer, she was always on time, weather it was to class or turning assignments in on time. She had a perfect attendance record every year since 6th grade, which the only reason she didn't have it then was because she had the flu and her mother forced her to stay home.

Once Alora could see the door in sight, she began to sprint, she caught aglimpse of the time, "Seven nineteen, only nine minutes late." Her hand finally reached for the door, opening it and rushing in. The sudden movement from Alora caused most of the class to look to her, she could feel all the eyes on her but her attention was towards her teacher. The girl quickly walked across the class until she reached her teachers desk, "Hi Mr. Wilde," She started, her teacher looked away from his computer to look up at the young girl, "I'm sorry I'm late, here's my late slip." Alora reached out her hand to give her teacher the slip.

Mr Wilde snatched the slip out of her hand, giving it a good look to make sure it was real, "Second day Miss Shin and you're already choosing to come to class late? Is this gonna be a reoccuring problem?" The old man quirked an eyebrow.