Falling

If you asked killua he would have said he'd always been falling. He couldn't remember not falling. He figured he must have fallen from somewhere. But looking up he couldn't see anything to have fallen from. The smell of smoke brought killua to his senses as he saw a fire burning below him.

"Hey! There's a kid falling!" Someone shouts. "I'll catch him!" Someone else yells. But before they can move killua twists in the air does a double back flip and lands lightly on his feet. Everyone stares at him in shock. Killua looks around. There's a large crowd of people, a few of them wearing silly costumes, a kid with wavy green hair, a muscular man mid punch, and a blonde kid getting eaten by a sludge monster. Nothing super interesting.

"Hey." Killua says casually. "Get away from there young man!" Shouts muscle guy. "He's dangerous!" Killua turns to look at the sludge monster. "What's so dangerous about him?" Killua focuses ko in his finger tips and flicks the sludge monster splattering it all over the alley. He turns back to Mr muscles. "Anyway I'm wondering if maybe someone could help me. I just fell from the sky and I don't really know what's going on."

Killua sat in the police station talking to detective tsukauchi. If talking was the correct term. Truth was killua didn't have much to say. He didn't even know his own name. The detective believed everything he said without hesitation. And killua had a sneaking suspicion that there was more at play than blind trust. The detective asked killua to turn out his pockets. They found a thick wad of $100 bills totaling about $15000, two massively heavy yo-yos, a cellphone shaped like a stag beetle, and a strange card with two x's on it. This is where they found the name Killua Zoldyck. Although searches of official records didn't turn up any results for that name or the "hunter association" which apparently issued the license.

"Very strange." Tsukauchi said. "Let's try searching the quirk registry. What's your quirk?." Killua stared confused. "I mean I've got a bit of an odd personality but I don't see how that's relevant now." The detective laughed. "No I mean your power, your meta ability." "You mean nen?".

Both killua and tsukauchi became more confused the more they talked. It was like they were almost speaking the same language but using different dialects that made it hard to understand eachother. Tsukauchi searched the quirk registry for "nen" and "ability to manipulate life force or aura" but the closest results weren't killua. Finally they decided to go through killuas phone. They called all of killuas contacts, the few that he had, but none of them had ever heard of killua or the names listed for their numbers. It was as iff all the numbers had been reassigned overnight. Lastly they went through killuas gallery looking for clues as to where he came from.

Killua had several thousand pictures on his phone. All of them depicting the same smiling boy with all green boots, short shorts, crop top jacket and spiky black hair. Many of the pictures had killua and the boy together, occasionally with a few other people. The last several hundred included a girl with black hair wearing a pink dress and an emoji headband. This section also included a group of  7 other people. (Although the green boy and black haired girl were clearly the focus.) "do you remember these people at all?" Tsukauchi asked. Killua scrolled through the photos a smile tugged at his lips. "I don't remember who they are but I know they were important to me." Tsukauchi ran the images through facial recognition software but sighed when no results were turned up. They had exhausted their means of investigation.

"Well there's nothing else to do but file a found person report and hope someone comes forward looking for you. In the meantime we should get you to the hospital for a neurological exam." Suddenly the door burst open. "I AM HERE!" Shouted the muscle guy. "You can drop the act." Killua said dryly. "It's obvious how much stress that form is putting on your body. The man deflated with a shocked expression.