Becoming: part 1

Ozzie's POV

I turned over in the bed and hit the snooze button on the clock. I opened my eyes to see just exactly what time it was. "Ugh five more minutes." I pulled the blanket back over my head hoping to possibly sleep at least another hour. That is until my nine year old Saint Bernard, Goliath, came in the room and started pulling the blanket off. "Come on Goliath I just wanna...bleh GOLIATH!" I said giggling as he licked me with his stinky dog breath. After having no luck with the licking he got a hold of my shirt and pulled me out of the bed along with a couple of my stuffed animals. Knowing this was a battle I was not going to win I told him, "Alright alright I'm up."

I went ahead and opened the back door to let him out and I ate my breakfast. I brushed my teeth and my hair then got dressed in my long sleeve black and red striped shirt with my black overalls. I put on my mix-match socks (wearing matching socks is just weird to me and not the good weird) and white hightop converse. I let Goliath back in the house, grabbed my skateboard and walked out the house with my backpack.

The walk down the path wasn't long and I had a beautiful view of the leaves and the trees. It's one of the main reasons I wanted my house built in the woods. It's quiet and very peaceful.

Once I got to the end of the cul-de-sac I could see Jim and the garbage can at the end of his driveway knocked over, again. I thought that the coons must of got in it again. "Guess I ain't the only one late, huh?" I jokingly asked while helping pick up the garbage. Before Jim could answer Toby came by. "We're late for schools guys." He said while clipping on his helmet.

"Busy with the lunches Tobes. One for me, for mom and lunch for you two." Jim then handed me my bag and Toby his. The moment Toby got the bag he opened the top and took a big whiff.

"Balsamic mushrooms, meatloaf, chunky, sun-dried tomatoes." I've always said this a a joke but Toby has a super sniffer. He could have never tried something, smell it, and still know exactly what was in it.

"And cardamom" Jim said while walking with his bike. I looked at my bag with a disgusted look hoping Jim remembered how I am with mushrooms.

"Hey Jim, you didn't happen to put any mushrooms in mine, right?" I asked.

Jim look at me with a reassuring smile and said, "Don't worry Ozzie I didn't put mushrooms in some of the meatloaf and I made sure not to dry your tomatoes.

"Phew thanks bud you a life saver." I said while wiping my brow jokingly.

Toby looked and Jim and said, "I can't eat this. I'm on a diet." trying to hand Jim the bag back. Jim pushed the bag back towards Toby and said, "You've been on a diet for the past 14 years, Tobes."

"I know!" Toby said.

"You're 15, boy." I said smugly.

Jim and Ozzie started to peddled and skate of to school with Toby behind saying "how his body was still changing". I've had this conversation with him so many times, to the point it wasn't even funny anymore. "Toby we've been over this, you're genes and the build of body aren't going to change so stop the dieting and enjoy Chef Jim's good food." I said doing the chef's kiss motion.

"At least Jim doesn't spike his food with all that spice. I could sweat these pounds of with your spicy stuff." Toby said.

"Toby I've told you before it's just a little Cajun seasoning, plus it ain't my fault you can't handle it." I said smugly.

Third person POV

The three teens rode their bikes and skateboard as fast as they could knowing that they were on the clock. "I'm right... I'm right...I'm right behind!" Toby called out slightly out of breath. With a worried tone Jim called out "It's 8 o'clock". To which Toby said, "We're going to get suspended, on account of meatloaf!"