Becoming: part 2

Ozzie's POV
Jim rode his bike to the dentist office where Toby was for the second day in a row. He asked me if I was going too but just thinking about it makes my teeth hurt. Jim would be back soon. I mean really, how long could that appointment last?

Later that night...
"Eight hours! I can't believe it takes eight hours!" Jim said in a loud annoyed tone. "Two molars, plus insertions, and some cleanup." Toby replied calmly. "That is yet another reason why I didn't get braces" I said, mostly to myself , while hopping up on the end of the counter with Goliath by my feet.

"Okay, Tobes. You are never going to believe this." Jim said.

"My mouth still feels sore. Do you have any aspirin?" Toby said while rubbing his cheeks hoping to soothe some of the pain. "Tobes, pay attention. For the Glory of Merlin, Daylight is mine to-" The microwave dinged as Toby pulled out his cooked pizza, then telling Jim to continue.

Jim looked at the amulet in confusion. "It worked last night."

"Are you punking me right now?" Toby asked with a face of confusion.

"Jim trying taking a deep breath and focusing just on the amulet." I said while motioning my arms up and down over my lungs. Jim took a deep breath and closed his eyes before saying the incantation again. The amulet started to glow and the armor equipped on Jim.

"Holy champignon!" Toby said in surprise.

"Oh-ho-ho-ho! How cool is that?" Jim said as he pointed to his suit of armor.

"Whaaaaaaaat?" Toby said breathlessly from astonishment. "Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! So cool, so cool, so cool! Dude, you know what this means, right? You have a sacred responsibility here."

"That's what they said!" Jim said with excitement.

"Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my- You have to use these new powers for the benefit of all mankind. You have to use this.....to kick Steve's butt." Toby said confidently.

', Ozzie and Jim looked at Toby in a disappointed manner. "Seriously?" they said in unison. "He shows you a glowing sword"... "and a suit of armour that can only be magic, and that's how you respond?",'

"Seriously! It's butt-kicking time!" Toby said while trying to mimic a karate kick. "These pants are so elastic. Wait also, who's "they"? He exclaimed while lunging to test the fabric.

"Well, that's the part that I've been freaking out over!" Jim said. ,'

Suddenly there was a knock on the back door that caught our attention. Goliath popped his head and didn't growl, so it couldn't be anyone bad. It was Blinky with wide pupils smiling and waving through the back door window. "Ha speak of the devil." I said smiling back and waving.

"Wh- What- what the heck is that?! Don't open the door!" Toby yelled in a frantic voice.

Blinky barged in and exclaimed in his loud tone "Aha! Master Jim!"

"AH! I'm calling 911!" Toby said in a quiet tone as he hid behind Jim . Arrrgh then came in the door frame scaring Toby even more and making him dive behind the counter. Toby grabbed his phone and muttered, "No, Animal Control. Oh, gosh. Oh, gosh. Oh, gosh. They talk."

Blinky turned to Jim and said, "I knew it was but a matter of time before the amulet called to us."

""Called" to you?" Jim asked in a somewhat sceptic voice.

"Actually, no. We've been spying on you." Blinky said as he point at Jim.

"Spy on you." Arrrgh said as he did the eye to eye watching you sign.