PRELUDE

Every society desires a tranquil state to return to the source that gave them existence. Those who give themselves over to a life of spiritual knowledge and self-cultivation may achieve nirvana. In the realm of Terres Nei, the citizens make it their way of life to cultivate their gifts to encourage peace within themselves and throughout their world.

Terres Nei is a realm where denizens are gifted with magic, intelligence, and longevity. They are a race of warriors, magic users, diviners, and priestesses who made advancements in magic and technology. A democratic monarchy rules the government of Terres Nei. Yet, the realm's environment is sustained by five towering crystal constructs known as elemental pillars. These pillars endowed the land with five elements: earth, wind, water, fire, and spirit. Six elemental priests maintained these pillars, who kept the balance and gave health to the land.

However, these elements were not enough to keep the realm at peace. An evil entity named Ilaldaoboth and his archons constantly scratch away at the veil that separates Terres Nei from their hellion realm, called Nibiruheim. With the aid of a demonic hellion priest known as Seklas, over seven millennia. Seklas orchestrated wars to bring his master Ilaldaoboth into the realm to feast on Terres Neian souls. Skilled in the dark arts and chaos magic. His forces are led by a mysterious, powerful arcane witch known as Viscountess Venganza Arcana Di Samsara Dukkha.

Five millennia ago, from the dark continent of Terra Nibiru, Venganza and Seklas simultaneously launched a planetary attack on all continents. Their menacing forces conquered cities throughout the realm within two millennia. However, one city that served as the capital city of Terres Nei remains the last and final refuge for all refugees. The capital has withstood countless sieges due to the five pillars protected by six elemental clergy. The elemental clergy was responsible for keeping the balance and transferring the five elements into the Elemental Well.

Around the third millennium of their war, Seklas and Venganza erected three void Pillars to disrupt the balance. However, the Seklas and Venganza's plans were solidified when they captured each elemental guardian priest and corrupted them into their private generals.

Without the elemental clergy keeping balance through the land, Illuminarium City made one final desperate attempt and created the soul refinement process. The crystal recycles the spirit of the dead into the Elemental Well, transfers elemental magic from a soul, and infuses it in inert crystal with energy presence. Also, the Elemental Well serves as a power source that generates a protective barrier for the city's defense. However, the elemental well was not enough, as it was near depleted. The energy barrier could not withstand the constant artillery and dark magic bombardment, allowing Nibiru's invasion forces to secure their victory.

On the eve of their final victory, Seklas, Venganza, and their army lay siege to Illuminarium Capital City. Smoke and amber fill the air, and stone, mortar, alabaster, and amber litter the streets, as an army of hellions and machines overrun the capital city.