CHAPTER 2

Hello & Welcome

In an apartment building at the heart of downtown Detroit, Michigan, a man in his mid-twenty resides in an apartment on the eighth floor; apartment 813 was his dwelling. He has a chocolate skin tone, dark coarse hair in a mini twist style, and an athletic build. His name is Maleek Rey Sammons. Maleek is 5,11 in height and weighs at least 230 lbs. Maleek dresses in casual attire that he bought at a discount store.

The apartment has one-bedroom accommodations that cost $1215 a month to rent. It was great since it had the most beautiful view that a person could have. You can see Canada across the Detroit River. It beats having to drive downtown fighting for a spot during the Fourth of July because it has a view of the fireworks display at the yearly water festival.

Maleek was at home reading a book on engineering, astrophysics, and dark matter. He played new-age music on his Bluetooth speakers, which helped him concentrate. His apartment walls were plastered with blueprints for an energy-producing reactor. As he was about to turn the next page, he heard a knock at the door. He gets up and opens the door. He sees a woman who is fuckin gorgeous. Her name is Kia Alexis McDonald.

Kia has a slender waist, c cup-size breasts, and firm buttocks. She wears a black catsuit that brings a great contrast to her caramel color skin. Kia's jet-black hair complemented her cherry plum lip gloss and eyeliner. Maleek smiled upon seeing her, but Kia had a stern look.

"Hey, babe! How are you," Maleek asked as he leaned in to kiss her. Kia rejected his kiss as she turned her head to avoid his lips. Kia darted inside the apartment.

"We need to talk!" Kia replied.

Maleek cringed hearing those four words from a woman's mouth, as he knew bullshit would follow. Maleek closed the door and prepared his ears for the unknown onslaught of words. Kia said nothing as she darted inside the apartment. Maleek followed her to the bedroom. Maleek was baffled when he saw Kia stuffing a tacky faux animal-printed duffle bag with clothes. He knew it was a huge problem when he saw her grab a faux animal-printed duffle bag and start filling whatever clothes she had.

"What is going on," Maleek asked in confusion.

"We are not working anymore!"

"What are you talking about?"

"We are done!"

"I thought we were good! I know we had some problems, but we worked it out."

"I thought we worked it out too, but. I am just not happy with you anymore." Kia replied as she packed all the clothes she could carry. "Tell me what I can do that could make us better!"

"All I asked from you was to throw me a $50,000 birthday dinner party to invite my friends," Kia whined. "I don't have that type of money."

"You had money to waste in your dumb experiment," Kia huffed.

"That dumb experiment is going to make me famous. Besides, what happened to the $3000 I gave you yesterday?"

"I spent it!"

Maleek huffed in a surprised tone. "You spent it? How did you spend that kind of money that fast?"

"You must be stupid to think $3000 is enough for my birthday. You knew I was high maintenance. You rather spend money on your pure, free-energy bullshit project than on me? It is over between us. Dante will give me what I want."

"You mean that fucking D-boy you cheated on me with. He sells drugs!"

"At least Dante gives me money. He takes care of me. Give me the car keys to the Camaro."