Ch 7 - Children of War

2 weeks later

      "..and then when you press this button that pops open and all the little babies come tumbling out and they scatter everywhere! And THIS button caused them all to explode!" Jinx talked excitedly as she showed off her creations. Amara smiled softly "Very creative, darling." she brushed a stray hair from the younger girl's face and Jinx looked at her with a soft smile. Amara was one of the few that made her feel safe...she was the only person in the world that never once called her Jinx.

They both laid stomachs down on Jinx's bed, an array of chaos and metal pieces all over the place along with neon graffiti and random objects that had eerily familiar faces on them "Yes, very good indeed." Silco entered Jinx's room but his eyes were locked on Amara. "I'm so glad I didn't kill you when I had the chance." Amara bristled and sat up. "Who would have known you'd see reason." Amara kept her mouth shut but she couldn't keep the glare off her face. "Sevika gets her plaything back, Jinx gets her little friend, and I get a spy. How lovely." JInx threw her arms around Amara "Yay!" 

"Jinx, why don't you go work on that special project of ours, hm? Now that Amara has shared her new knowledge you must be close to a breakthrough." Silco said and Jinx went to protest but he shot her a look and she slinked off. Amara stood and brushed herself off. "What can I do for you?" she asked, he never wanted to speak to her on her own unless he was pushing her for information. He thought she was a spy...leading the top side to them below.

"Come with me."

His training was torturous, he filled your head with misleading messages and corrupted memories. He made himself to be your hero....and one specific person was always the villain.

Vi

-

   Amara looked up at Sevika, her hair was down and loose, her face peacefully asleep. Amara laid on her chest and drew soft circles on her skin. She traced the jagged scar from where her skin met metal. She couldn't sleep, endless thoughts raced through her mind. Silco got word there was going to be a raid. Vi stayed top side, Vi stayed to help them...again she chose something other than her family. Silco wanted to use Amara and everything she learned from being with the pink-haired girl to take her down. 

    "Time to go!" Jinx hung from the window. Amara sat up and used the blanket to cover her chest "Shh!" she hushed "I don't want her waking." she looked to Sevika softly and slipped from the covers. Jinx sat on the windowsill and turned her face away politely. "You guys are like rabbits up here." Amara rolled her eyes as she lit one of her special cigarettes. "I needed her to sleep so I could slip away...she never would have let me go."

 Amara dressed in some high-waisted pants that resembled cargo pants with lots of pockets. A halter top that wrapped around her neck but had a keyhole cutout showing off her ample chest. Boots on her feet and a long black jacket that resembled Silco's. She puffed the cigarette, the low dose of shimmer making her feel tingly all over. She glanced to Sevika and images from just moments ago flooded her mind. She smiled "Let's go." she climbed out the window after Jinx.

-

They got there early, watching the workers below load up the shipments. Silco spoke to some people and debriefed them on what Amara had told them. Vi was a fighter and she was trusting enforcers to help. Plus they had hextech technology and who knows what that's like.