~Chapter Five~

Rosalie's POV

'
'
'

"Robert, Mrs Dawson, it's so good to see you both again. Remind me how long it has been?" Christian greeted my parents with ease, shaking my Father's hand firmly, creating an award winning smile to spread across his face.

Christian couldn't have sucked up to my parent's asses anymore even if he tried.

He moved to greet my Mother, hugging her shoulders as he placed a small peck on her cheek. "My, my, you haven't aged a day, Mrs Dawson." He swooned my Mother, making her blush profusely, as she rested a caring hand on his arm.

"Please Christian, you know to call me Evelyn. It's not like we're strangers, Dear." She chuckled and moved over to her chair, which my Father pulled out for her to sit down.

"Of course not. We're practically like family, after all the amount of time with the wonderful partner, Robert and Miss Rose, herself." Christian smirked and placed his hand casually on my back, forcing me to give a smile and play along.

"So how is it working together? How's the reports coming along with your starting case?" Robert asked curiously.

Before I could even begin to respond, Christian jumped in first, his cocky smile flashing away as he turned to me as he filled in my parents about how oh so well we worked together.

"I couldn't ask for a better partner. Rosalie and I have actually finished the report yesterday. We've made great progress, if I do say so myself." Christian informed them, making the happiest face wash over my Father's.

If I'm being honest, he looked one hundred times more happier than he did in that one photo of where he held me for the first time after my birth.

And who was the one to give him that happiness?

Mr Jackass Of The Year.

Scratch that. Of all time.

My Father was head Chief of the city's Police Department, and had always wanted me to join his firm when I got my degree, so after the lack of work I was offered because of my highest skills, I was given less of an option.

Just as I could continue my side of the story and details, the waiters arrived with our food.

My Mother and I had gotten the Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken salad, whereas my Father and Christian had went with the Crab Stuffed Roasted Lobster.

The food was amazing. Although it would've been more amazing if I didn't have a grinning Cheshire cat grinning from ear to ear next to me.

Just as I thought dinner was going smoothly, the commotion of someone running through the dining hall caused a little hassle.

"Sorry, sorry. I- Yes I have a table, my wife is just over there. Excuse me, apologise."

I looked down to my lap and rubbed my temples. My eyes caught the time from my wristwatch, only to be informed that my ever-so-loving-husband here, was an hour and forty five minutes late.

"Just my luck." I mumble to myself, receiving a weird look from Christian.

Garrett walked over to our table, giving an apologetic smile as he quickly greeted my parents, shaking both their hands.

"Forgive me Rob, Ev, I was running late at a meeting. I'm sure Rosalie told you already. I didn't think I'd be this late."

As he sat down, one of the nearby waiters saw there was a new guest and took his order.

"What did I miss?"

"Well we were just discussing the work progress that my Rosalie and Christian from their first case. Best team I've made I think... asides from myself and my lovely wife."