𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸

Unsure Engagements May 23, 1983ꕥ

Unsure Engagements
May 23, 1983

Twelve was violently ripped away from Miss Julia and dragged fighting down the long halls. Her feet dragged across the tiled floor, scuffing the small white flats that were worn by hospital patients. Or at least she so, she had never actually seen any except for in movies and tv. Which she watched as much as was allowed of her.

Some of her earliest memories involved the young girl sitting in front of a little box-shaped tv on a rolling food cart. Brenner had often used the thing for experiments but lost use for it once their lab got a bigger better one. This resulted in Miss Julia bringing it into Twelve's room to watch with her. Miss Julia even had a large cardboard box full of old VHS tapes that Twelve had been watching for as long as she could remember. Many of the large, blocky tapes were old movies like Casablanca or The Wizard of Oz, but some were new tapes that Miss Julia had bought just for her.

"Get up!!" A crude voice brought the girl back to reality as she was heaved down the hall. The man's voice was gruff and growl-like. Not the same professional, nice tone he used to speak with Miss Julia, but a meaner snarl meant to intimidate her. His hands were rough and his arms were muscular making him look like he could have starred in one of the Rocky movies that.

The girl stood up begrudgingly before being pulled faster by the two guards holding her wrists. She huffed and glared at the third man. He glared back, but with more malice laced within his dark eyes. "Come on! The boss is waiting!" He barked at the other two guards who picked up their pace towards the lab. Twelve complied as well, scared of what could happen if she didn't.

As they carried on down the hallway, Twelve's head swiveled around the fluorescently lit hallway, looking in every direction as she walked. Each turn, each corridor, each door, each tile, they were all the same. It all looked identical. She thought of getting lost within the lab walls and how difficult it would be to find any sort of exit. The sudden thought slowed her down as her mind became distracted.

"Speed up!!" The man growled once again at the young girl, pushing her slightly to speed up her pace. Her eyebrows furrowed as she back at him for a second before continuing, and then something about this hallway was different.

The group reached two large metal doors. Twelve gulped looking up at the menacing looking doors as the two men holding her wrists stopped. She watched as the third approached the door, pulling out a small, plastic card and swiping it. Metal hinges creaked and the door slowly opened revealing him.

"Oh Twelve, I've been anxiously awaiting you." His frame was tall and scarily skinny like that of a skeleton. Lips pressed together in a sort of disappointing look with strands of white hair brushed back cleanly. His hands were pressed together as well with his fingers intertwined with each other. A devilish smile appeared on his wrinkled face.