Day 2

Jim woke up early, as he usually tended to do. He stretched briefly, cracking his knuckles before getting up, throwing on a robe he had before walking out through the doorway and to the living room, sitting down in his accustomed lounge chair in front of the TV. For a little while, Jim thought about this strange woman, about how she got where he found her, why she was dressed in an outfit unsuitable for the bushland and generally wild environment that she was walking through; a dark gray crop-top with black shorts, thigh-high leggings and a pair of shoes only really fit for an urban environment. Jim didn't think about it too much, though; who was he to judge, anyhow?

At long last an hour or so later, the strange woman walked into the living room, that blank expression still on her face. She pays him no mind, not even looking in his direction, before plopping herself down onto the couch, sitting upright, looking through her phone at something, still seemingly trying to connect to the internet with no success. She sighs heavily, throwing her phone onto the couch space next to her and runs her fingers through her hair.

Jim turned around, looking towards the stranger; "No luck yet, hey?"

The stranger shakes her head; "What do you think?"

Jim obviously took this as an abrupt 'no' and nods, getting up from his chair to make them both something to eat. The stranger watches him intently from the couch, obviously still suspicious of Jim's intentions. He chose to ignore her stare and made himself a bowl of cereal.

"What would you like on your toast," Jim asked the house guest, trying to be polite.

"Anything you got, I don't care, just don't you dare try to put anything in it," she warned bluntly, staring him down.

Jim shook his head; "I'm not going to do anything to you, mate."

"Is that right? And why should I trust you, then? I barely know you," she bluntly replied, glaring at him with a suspicious, piercing stare.

"Because if I wanted to do anything to you, I would've tried it yesterday! I wouldn't be making you bloody breakfast, either" Jim retorted, trying to gain her trust.

The woman just sighs, and looks out towards the sunrise; "Whatever, but I am watching you."

Jim opted to spread a bit of jam on the stranger's breakfast, placing it on a plate and presenting it to her. He proceeded to place it on the coffee table in front of the couch, to which the strange woman glared at it briefly before picking it up, examining it. She hesitated briefly before taking a small bite of it, holding it in her mouth, before at last being convinced that the food hadn't in any way been tampered with.

"See," Jim pointed out, sitting back down on the lounge chair, spinning it around to face his guest, "I wouldn't try anything with you, you'd eat me alive if I did."

The stranger stares at Jim with a blank yet judgmental expression, not humoured by his remark; "You got that right," she replied bluntly, swallowing her toast.

The room was quiet for a while, a long silence overwhelming the scene. This silence lasted until Jim opted to break it; "So, you want to head into town for the day? I got some shit that I have to do, and you can go do what you want, get what you want. I'll give you some cash to spend."

The lady shrugged, looking down at her plate; "Sure, whatever, I don't care."

Jim shrugged back; "Alrighty, we'll leave in a couple of hours, give you some time to prepare yourself."

The stranger replies with a simple emotionless "alright" before finishing her food and heading to the kitchen for some water.

Jim decides to try and start a conversation, which was probably a bad idea; "So, anyhow... What's your name? I'm Jim, by the way."