Epilogue

"Well, here we are," Loona announces, helping Octavia out through the portal and into the surrounding bushland.

"Woah," Octavia simply expresses, in awe of the incredibly new surroundings; "So, this is it?"

"Yup! It's nice, isn't it," the hellhound asks, making sense of where they were, though soon enough she knew through the help of some natural landmarks she had seen the month earlier.

This was the first time that Loona had returned to this side of Earth since the month prior, this time knowing how to return home, as well as bringing along Octavia to get her away from all the monotonous drama at home. On this occasion, Loona wore her usual gray crop top, the black jacket she had bought the month prior and a pair of long camouflage pants. Octavia meanwhile wore a long black pair of pants with some runners, a white t-shirt and her accustomed beanie.

"I'm really not sure about this," Octavia stutters, quite nervous and fidgety; "What if he's different this time then how you last saw him? What if it was an act?"

"Jim's okay, Octavia," Loona reassures with a kind smile, gently holding her shoulder to soothe her as they walk through the bushland, weaving in between trees and small dips in the terrain; "He may look tall and intimidating, but he is decent and welcoming; he just looks a bit rough around the edges. Hey, look; if he tries anything stupid or weird, I'll absolutely protect you."

"Mm... okay, if you say so," Octavia acknowledges, still nervous about having to meet someone completely new, let alone on Earth.

After walking a good couple of minutes through the scrub and noticing members of the local wildlife which Octavia observed with a kind of shy curiosity, they finally breached the end of the bushland, coming across a break where a road divided the land, a car passing by which they hid from just in case. Just across from them, up a slight hill, was Jim's home, looking very much the same as Loona remembered it.

"This is it," Loona informed the shy Octavia next to her who looked towards it with hesitancy to approach it; "What do you think?"

"It... it looks nice, I like the colours, I think," Octavia noted, getting a little closer to Loona for safety.

Loona notices this and gently pats her shoulder; "You ready to go up?"

Octavia thinks for a moment, her eyes shifting, before she finally nods slightly.

"Okay, follow me," Loona instructs her, before crossing the road quickly before making their way up over the gate and up the gravel and dirt path towards the house. A gentle breeze blowing down the hill itself, cooling them both down.

Octavia could feel herself getting more nervous by the minute, though Loona swearing she would protect her earlier managed to give her some type of reassurance that nothing could go too wrong. The two of them walk up onto the veranda, the floorboards creaking under their weight slightly, Octavia opting to hide behind Loona's back slightly, peering towards the door in worried anticipation.

Loona then proceeds to knock on the door, making sure to knock loudly in case he couldn't hear them. Initially, there was no reply. She knocks on the door again, this time a very familiar booming voice calling out from somewhere within: "Coming!"

Octavia hears the movement from within the house, becoming increasingly more nervous. She begins fidgeting with her beanie in her hands, trying to calm herself, wondering why the man inside was taking so long. What if he was planning something? Loona said something earlier before they arrived in this strange place that he had a gun; was he planning on ambushing them and shooting them? What if he was going to hold them hostage? These thoughts ran through her head, before she finally spoke, albeit softly to the hellhound in front of her: