46. Almost at 30

Travis Swanson-

"I have an idea." She came out of our room, her hand on her stomach, everyone in the living room.

By everyone I mean Carmen, Hudson, and Connor.

"Oh wow, hey guys. Anyways, you listening?" She asked me.

I laughed.

"Loud and clear my girl." I began making her bagel, pouring her a glass of chocolate milk.

"Well, how about while I'm pregnant, I get my last name changed. But we don't have an official wedding until he's here." She looked at me and I smiled.

"How come?" I asked.

"Well, I want to have your last name like... now. But I'm almost 30 weeks. I have cankles and I don't want to have to be exhausted for the wedding." She offered.

"Of course my love." I nodded.

"That easy?" She eyed me.

I laughed.

"Anything you want."

"God I might have to take your baby daddy." Carmen winked and I rolled my eyes.

"I need to sit down. Your stupid genetics. I curse you for being a large man when I have 10 more weeks to go." She pointed her finger at me and immediately Hudson grabbed her hand, helping her to the couch where she'd take his spot.

"I can sit at the dining room-"

"Hush." He glared.

"Fine." She put her hands up in surrender.

"How big were you as a newborn?" Connor asked.

I laughed.

"22 inches, a solid about 10 pounds." I nodded.

"Holy shit." Hudson gasped.

"Yeah. And I didn't find this out until it was too late. Now I have Travis Jr. living inside me. All love though." She laughed, her hand on her belly.

I smiled, feeling the upmost joy.

Aside from being in pain, she's never been so happy.

And that's all I ever want to happen.

"We just came over to see you and also see how Trav was doing with classes. But unfortunately we have to get going." Connor kissed her forehead and stood.

When Carmen stood, he offered her his hands and she grabbed onto them, grunting as she stood.

"Fuck." She whispered and he smiled, wrapping his arms around her.

"I love you." He sighed into her hair.

"I love you too. But don't make me cry I'm sensitive to all things cute." She laughed.

He smiled, kissing her stomach, Connor doing the same, Hudson lingering on her.

"I love you so much Hails. I'll try to visit as often as possible." He kissed her forehead.

This relationship they had was my favorite thing.

She looked up at him with such adoration.

They'd gotten closer while she's been pregnant, her need for Hudson to be around happening in waves.

And I loved what they had and just knowing she had so many people to love and care for her at all times made my heart skip beats.

"I'll miss you." She frowned.

He bent down in front of her, kissing her stomach.

"This is your funcle Hudson. You should convince mommy and daddy to name you after me. Then we'd be twins." He whispered as if we couldn't hear and she laughed.

"I love you, but I don't know about that." She winked.

"I tried." He shrugged.

"Drive safe you guys." She told them all.

"Walk safe woman." Carmen teased.

"I'm fine. Shoo." She laughed.

I smiled, locking the door after them.

"I made you breakfast." I told her.

She nodded.

I walked to her, pulling her arms onto my shoulders, her forehead resting on my chest as I began slow movements, back and fourth, humming 'Cars Outside' by James Arthur and she began humming it with me.

"Baby?" She asked and I looked down at her.

"Do you think I'll be a good mom?" She looked worried and immediately my heart stopped.

"More than a good mom." My brain raked through reasons why she'd ever feel otherwise.

"Okay." She nodded.

"Talk to me. What gives you doubts?" I asked.

"I never had a role model. I don't know how parents really operate." She told me.

I smiled.

"It's your nature. And when you need help, from a woman specifically, I doubt mama P won't be there to help you. You're gonna do amazing." I intertwined our fingers, her belly pressed against my abdomen, filling the empty gap forced between us.

"I love you." She whispered.

I smiled.

"Him or me?" I teased.

"You both. So damn much." Her mouth twisted with emotion.

I grabbed her face, kissing her, savoring her.

"Grab your food and watch a movie?" I asked.

She nodded.

I grabbed her bagel and chocolate milk, handing it to her as I helped her sit down diagonally on the couch, sitting so her feet were in my lap.

I immediately put on her current favorite movie, which was Princess and the Frog.

I massaged her legs, her feet, small groans leaving her from places that have been paining her.

"You're doing so good Hailey. I'm so proud of you." I told her and she tossed her head back.

"Stop. Don't make me cry." She sniffled, her mouth full.

I smiled, taking her empty plate and setting it on the coffee table for her.

"It's true. You're the most beautiful, amazing, and most wonderful woman in the world for the life you're creating." I whispered.

"We are creating." She smirked.

"Sure, we. But you're baking him. Not me." I shook my head.

"What if my boobs look bad after." She frowned.

"They are the cause of the baby being made and getting nutrition so I love them." I smiled.

She rolled her eyes.

"Goofy." She threw a pillow at me.

"I love you." I muttered.