Chapt 1.

Asher pov
age 9

One year. For one year everyone was happy. They stopped beating me for a year then I had to go and mess everything up. I said something that made her angry. For the longest I've been told children don't have nerves or feelings.

It's like we're not even human beings. I told her i didn't want to be a girl. I told her that after she told me girls was supposed to wear dresses and play with dolls and do 'girly' things. I've always hated the thought being a'girl'. Now we are moving to San Diego because I ruined our reputation.

She beat me black and blue. Threw a few punches in there too. After a few minutes dad jumped at the opportunity to beat me. He said and I quote 'you wanna be a boy? Huh? You wanna be a lil boy so ima beat you like a nigga in the streets'. He then beat me to a bloody pulp.

Now we're moving because I decided to scream 'I don't wanna be a girl'. Everyone in the neighbourhood heard. But what I didn't tell you is that they all hated me since the moment I was born. I don't know what i did to them. Whatever I do it's a trigger. I breath I get my ass beat.

I trip I get my ass beat. I always get my ass beat it's always something.

We haven't been driving long just a couple hours or so. Everyone's doing their one thing mom and Jackson's up front, Kane and Jamie behind them. And then there's me, all the way in the back..... by myself like always. I stayed quiet staring out the window. Minding my business, never bothering them.

We when over a speed bump and my head hit the back of Kane's seat. He turned his head and glared at me. "You little bitch. You hit my seat again I will personally beat your ass" he sneered. I shrunk back in fear. Mom glanced back and locked eyes with me, she then looked away and continued her conversation with Jackson.

"You hear me you little punk" Kane reached back and jacked me up. "I said do you hear me" he yelled. "Kane calm down let your dad take care of it" mom told him. He lessened his glare and let me me.

I shrivelled up in the seat of the car shaking in fear. I still had bruises from my last beating but that didn't stop them. We continued to be on the road for about 3 hours until we reached San Diego. We drove through the city taking in the sights. 30 minutes later we finally arrived at the new house.

I was so scared I was scared to leave the car but that all changed when dad yanked me out the car and dragged me into the house down the basement.

He threw me on the floor and started hitting me with his belt. He didn't care for anything as long as he got his anger out. He hit me like the belt was a whip, it cut deep in my skin. Soon I heard the door open. Catching a glimpse of everyone coming downstairs to watch. 

I caught a glimpse of guilt in Jamie's eyes. But yet she did nothing. "Charlie. Enough, I'm sure the 'girl' has learned it's lesson". Mother spoke. He stopped but hit me a few more times. He walked away but came back to kick my head and stomp my hand breaking a few fingers.

"Pathetic" he spat at me. They left me there whimpering and choking on my own blood.

It's been minutes , but it's felt like hours of suffering. I'm sure he knocked a couple of my teeth down my throat. The door opened once more. Jamie came down the steps with food, water and a first a kit.

"What do you want" I spat, propping myself up on the wall. "I'm sorry. I know I said I was gonna stop them- but you didn't" I cut her off.

"They beat me like I killed someone they valued. They beat me like I'm a broken down villain who made them lose everything. They beat me like I'm not even blood." I expressed struggling to breathe

"My own family what did I ever do to y'all?" My voice cracked. Tears streamed down her face as she was preparing to feed me. "Don't I can do it myself" I told her.

Well will you at least help me patch you up?" I nodded. She helped me take my shirt and pants off. She patched the wounds one on the front of my body. I turned around

"Oh my god!" She gasped. She touch the cuts making me wince. "Please just patch them up" I told her

"Y-yeah" she stuttered

When she was finished she helped me eat even though I refused she wouldn't take no for an answer. "I'll be down in fifteen minutes to help you wash" she said walking up stairs.

She came back fifteen minutes later like she said. She helped me to the bathroom and sat me on the covered toilet. She ran the water in the tub

"Do you wish you were born into another family?" She asked me. I shook my head no.

"Why"

"No offence but when they suffer like how they made me suffer I will be there. And I will be the one making them suffer karma's a bitch"