25!

1st person
a cute one

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

when i was 7, i experienced my first medical assistance from mike.

i fell off of my bike, i cried for a good five minutes when he ran inside and i thought he left me out there to die. i was angry, and i was planning to tell him tomorrow he could suck it and we weren't friends anymore.

but i never did, mike came back with his mom's first aid kit, and as much as the rubbing alcohol burned, the bandaids on my cuts afterwards were rewarding. my knee felt at least a little bit better.

today, i didn't fall on my bike, i fell on the field the last five minutes of my game. it stung, the field sucked. i didn't pay much attention to it, though, seeing as it didn't hurt that bad.

when i walked off of the field to mike, i opened my arms for a hug like usual, though he stopped me when he pointed to my knee.

"holy shit, you're gushing blood!" when i looked down there was blood dripping onto my white socks and i winced at that. now it did hurt.

"oh my god-" i groaned, now suddenly limping on my foot.

"here." mike sat, holding my waist so i could gently sit on his lap as he pulled his backpack in front of him.

"don't tell me you carry a first aid kit in your backpack mike." i giggled, and he glared up at me, shaking his head.

"i don't. i just have one extra bandaid from the nurses office, a tissue pack; and a water bottle.

"mhm? and what'll that do?" i asked, playing with the hair by his ear, and twirling it.

"it does something." he pried my hand off, gesturing for me to put my knee up, and i did.

first he dropped water on it, and i winced but nothing happened. mike's pants got soaked but that was all.

from there he cleaned any remaining blood with the water, and dried it off with a separate tissue. after all of that he gently placed the bandaid on my open cut, and it was like actual magic.

well, no it wasn't i'm sure it was easy but he seemed to be an expert at this.

"there." he smiled as i stood up and off of him, grabbing ahold of his hand as he put his backpack back on.

"how do you know to do all of that?" i asked, giving an occasional side eye that he rolled his eyes out, letting out a small laugh.

"do you know how many times you fell off of your hike between the ages 7-11? cause it was a lot, river."

i tilted my head at that, staying quiet as i watched mike who held my extra bag for me, and i smiled softly.

i'd forgotten shot every single one of those times, if i was being honest. though if it wasn't for mike i would probably have an even worse knee injury right now.

you know when you want to say something about how sweet something is but you don't? and you just stare at the person instead.

that's what i was doing now, and i didn't it often. but this time my hand gripped onto mike's tighter as i now grabbed his arm too, leaning against him a little as he led me to nancy's car, since she got out of journalism ten minutes from now.

mike did the same with me, he looked down, smiled a little as he turned pink and kept his mouth shut.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

nb 😋
ok anyways hope u enjoyed