𝗵𝗮𝘄𝗸𝗶𝗻𝘀 𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗿

fluff
not proofread

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

the hawkins diner had been the busiest dine in place this month, and it happened to be where river worked - thanks to steve landing her the job.

a blessing and a curse, because while she got the money, his exact words were "i land it! you keep it."

so she's had to keep it since school started, and it was incredibly annoying.

"welcome in - " a pen in her mouth, river sighed at the smirk from a familiar face, she glanced up to see mike, his hair perfectly ruffled and his jacket slightly wrinkled as he looked down to his watch.

"your shift ends in 7 minutes, madam." he commented, raising an eyebrow as he watched river swiftly wipe the counter.

"yeah, i know." she scowled, wiping her forehead in annoyance and taking the dishes from the counter, stuffing them into the back sink.

"woah, busy day?" he softly questioned, and river smiled at the tone of his voice, nodding quickly while she placed the money into the cash register.

"very."

"well, when you get a chance can i get a soda? that's all." he hesitantly asked, and in the span of five seconds river placed a soda in front of him, opening a straw up and plopping it in.

"good?" she questioned, looking up from the calculator and mike nodded with a soft smile.

the seven minutes were the slowest seven minutes of her life, but river took mike's money to stuff into the cash register and they left once she clocked out. it was dark out, many couples were eating in their cars but mike just had his bike.

he leaned against the fire hydrant as river took a bite from the burger she got to take for free, now holding it up for mike to take a bite, and he did.

the many people that walked by glanced at the young couple, and soon enough they began fighting over who got to take the last bite.

"i tipped you, come on - "

"i got it for free, not you - "

their bickering ended in them both taking a bite from it, their lips softly pressing against each other as they each took a half from the small piece left.

they backed up, smiling innocently and mike took the trash, throwing it for river and allowing her to lean her frame against his, now as he sat against the fire hydrant.

a soft kiss was place onto his lips unexpectedly when he turned, river smiled against his plump lips and he smiled against hers, finding comfort in the way she held his hands with hers.

he pulled one of his hands away to tug at her small skirt that was a lot shorter than he liked, and river giggled at that, glancing down. "too short?"

"i can see your spandex every time you lean down, r." mike sighed, and river gave a small shrugs before his look of concern turned into a small grin.

"sorry, that's just how the uniform comes."

"yeah, whatever." mike's grin grew as his lips neared hers one again, he took her bottom lip under his, and softly kissed her upper lip, pulling back to graze his lips over hers as he stared at her intently, and then placing them firmly on hers again.

his hands were on her thighs, just at the hem of her skirt and he pulled them down once more before resting them on the back of her thighs, giving her support now. she sighed into the kiss whilst running her hands through his hair and mike groaned in pleasure at that.

"never stop." he spoke against her lips, earning a slap on the chest from river who giggled immediately, leaning against his chest now and shutting her eyes.

he placed his hands around neck now, pulling her in for a warm hug before escorting her to his old, worn out bike.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷