Chapter 44: Hestia Familia

Rinni's POV

Nothing really went our way once Wiene was discovered. It was a mess. We did get her to other talking monsters but it didn't shake the bad feeling I had. Turns out, we should have listened to that bad feeling because the next thing we knew, the Xenos were attacked by Ikelos familia. This caused Bell to be the one to help save them, I tried to go with him but I wasn't allowed to. During this, the rest of the Hestia familia went out to investigate, hiding within the shadows the best we can.

I made an effort to remove suspicion from Bell when I punched him in the face for protecting a fully transformed Wiene in front of the Loki familia. I called him an idiot and made an excuse for him, saying that we need to take the monster back to the dungeon if he lost the taming crystal the Ganesha familia provided. In the end, we were questioned and treated as an enemy. Wiene was killed, but one thing went our way and she was revived by Fels. The next mission of the Hestia familia was to save all Xenos and send them back to the dungeon. Bell fought the giant Xenos minotaur, while I battled to get away from Bette. When I saw an opening, I just ran.

I ran to Bell's aid, and to my luck, I was able to shortly distract the minotaur while he recovered a little bit. Bell and I fought but ultimately it was stronger than both Bell and I's combined strength. I was already weak because of my fight with Bette, so it was no surprise one powerful attack is what caused everything to go dark. I only found out from the rest of my familia that I was knocked out for a few days after that.

It was also obvious that there was a lot of tension between us and other people. Some see us as traitors, some see us as heroes, and some, well some stayed neutral. It was early in the morning and I couldn't really sleep the previous night, there was too much on my mind. The sun's gonna rise soon and I'm still here, sitting in bed. I sighed and finally decided to get up and get changed. Once done I walked out of my room and down the hallways within the house.

"Where do you think you're going?" Hestia asked as I was about to step outside

"Just wanna get some fresh air and go for a walk. I need to clear my head."

"Alright, but don't you dare go to the dungeon. The Ganesha familia is still busy clearing things for everyone."

"Noted. I'll be back in an hour or two, Goddess."

I stepped out and closed the door behind me. I took a deep breath before beginning my walk. I could feel the stares that people gave me but I choose to ignore it. I just aimlessly walked, and didn't really know where I was going. When I stopped I just found myself on top of the giant wall. I sat down on the ledge of one of the stone slabs of the wall and just silently watched the sunrise. Trying my best to clear my mind.

What am I gonna do now? I mean I know I have to ask if something was left behind after I left. So far it's what's bringing me back, and that theory can only be proven after some more tests, meaning I have to go through some of the previous worlds for me to say that this is my way home. Would I even be able to go back home if I found that final item to lead me back? There are honestly a lot of questions in my mind and I can go on and on with just listing them.

I sigh again and just watch the sunrise, trying to forget the questions for now. Just for now. With all the chaos that's happened, I just want some moments of peace. Even if it's just for now. With another sigh, I stood up from my spot and began to walk back home. What's going to happen next? I don't know if I have to be honest. I don't even know what I am really gonna do. I can continue to go into the dungeon when things are okay, but what's to say that we won't run into the Xenos anymore, and to make it worse, the large minotaur we fought. I was lost in thought that I didn't notice I was already home.