Chapter 2

No one answered me...I guess am I not supposed to know...or maybe they don't know too.

— Okay then...

I say a little frustrated.

— We'll tell you later.

Nick said...I believed him of course he's my brother...the rest...I do not trust, at all!

Narrator's pov:

It was already afternoon, Riley was in the little nursery in the glade, until Alby came in and sat alone with her there, sending the two boys that were there outside so they could talk alone.

— So...I know you want answers but we can't give much...we don't know much either... I'll just tell you what you gotta know!

Alby said, Riley knew he wouldn't tell everything, and deep down, Riley would say something, wanting answers and start shouting but she felt that he just wanted to protect the people that were there so she just kept quite and didn't say a word and listened to him.

— So...This...where you are...is the glade...We do everything here together... we're all a family! Remember that!

— A family? Really?-Riley scoffs-

— Yes a family...everyone here has a kind of job, a function....and you'll have too eventually...

Riley doesn't say a word to the whole explanation that he did on those functions.

— And there are three rules... only three rules, I hope you respect them...

Riley smiled a bit cause she doesn't follow rules...she hated when people tell her what and not to do, she still didn't know that, but she knows what she wants to do or not to.

— One, never go outside the glade, unless you're a runner, two---

— I wanna be a runner-Riley says that with confidence, interrupting Alby-

— You can't be a Runner!

— Why not? I mean... it's not that difficult is it...you were the one who said it...the runners are supposed to find a way out of here...and they still didn't do anything...who are the runners here?

Alby sighs.

— Minho and Ben are the ones that mostly go...

— See...if they're here for so long...why they still didn't find a way out?

— You have to ask them I'm not here to talk about that right now!-Alby sighs again-

— Two, never hurt another glader. You have to trust each other...and that I see you don't....but you will eventually you have to.

— Why do I have to, I don't even know them, and you know.... I'm the only girl here...it's a bit hard for me to trust a bunch of guys

Riley says.

— I know...but I'll make sure they don't do nothing to you!

— Oh... I'm not scared they'll do something to me...I can protect myself... it's just weird...normally guys are weird

— Three, everyone does their part, no slackers.

Alby says ignoring what she said.

— You got it? Everything?

— Yes.

Riley says a bit annoyed.

— Good.

Alby stands up.

— Come with me!

Riley stands up as well and follow Alby outside...The temperature it's good it's not too hot and not too cold, and the sun is really right in front of her hiting her skin as she feel the sun warming her.