Entry #1

Captain's Log. Day 452.

I find this ironic since I've never watched Star Trek. Okay, I watched the movies but not the tv show so I can't be called a Trekkie. But the fact remains that's how I've decided to start this.

Looking at what I titled this diary, you might think that this is going to be one of those depressing journeys where the girl has cancer and dies at the end.

First off, I don't have cancer.

Second, I don't die at the end.

Well, I don't think I do but I haven't reached the ending yet so maybe I do. You'll know if this comes to an abrupt halt. Just skip ahead to the end and check right now and let me know if I die or not.

No. Don't do that I hate it when people spoil the endings of books.

Is this book depressing?

Is it even a book?

No. It's a diary you dumb dumb.

Back to the question of whether this is depressing.

Aren't all books depressing?

Think about it.

No matter how good it was at the end you have to close the book, leave that world, and those characters behind. You have to realize that they don't exist. You have to deal with the fact that you will never get to live that character's life.

I say that's depressing.

Though reading about my life might help you realize you don't want to have my life.

So hey! Maybe this seemingly depressing story (my life) will turn out to be the one non-depressing story.

I say story but it's not a story, it's my life. The good. The bad. The worse. The boring. And the weird.

It has no plot because no one can see the plot of their life until hindsight.

So it's not going to be interesting.

If you're here looking for some gripping saga then you are in the wrong place.

This is a diary that means it's all over the place. Go read your old diaries and try to tell me they're the next great American classic. Not going to happen.

So don't expect just because I'm sick that somehow that makes me interesting enough that my diary would be an American classic.

Heck no.

I don't want this read in some high school classroom where half the students are secretly on their phones. I don't even want it to be read by you.

So do me a favor and go away.

Julien, if you are reading this to make sure I'm not depressed there here you go 😊🌸🌞. See I drew happy things. Not depressed, sis. You can stop worrying.

Also stop reading my diary.

Okay, I'm going to stop here for today. Hopefully we've established that this isn't worth reading because there's no plot. Whether it's depressing I feel is undecided. Depends on how you view life.

My hand hurts from writing because that's how you write in a diary by hand.

I'm stopping here.

Captain out. 

**********************************************************************

My Twirling Tulip! 🌷

(That's right, it's flowers for this book because flowers are the brightness in life that are sometimes ignored up cherished when gifted)

I will say this once again even though this book is in first person: THIS IS NOT MY STORY!

Honestly, I'm saying that for myself because it still feel weird to me to be writing first person.

Any diddly doo what did you think? 💭💬🗯🫠

Not a normal book, right?

But I did warn you. The warning was given. The warning was received. If you feel you weren't warned then that's on you, I put the alert out and if you were blearing your music and didn't hear it well... this storm might hit you like a hurricane.

I honestly don't think that analogy worked in the end, but do I care?

No. Being a writer is walking down a road no one imagines and deciding that you don't care that it's lonely, only that its a road that you are creating as you go.

Okay, I'm going to stop before I just go off a cliff of a tangent that I can't survive.

If you feel it was worth it, vote, comment, follow!

Meme!