Chapter 13: For Their Hopes And Dreams

The last week went by quickly. I continued to watch over Toriel and the kid. But, I could even really focus as Sans and I would sneak a flirt in or maybe two. I think Toriel picked it up quickly. I know the kid did because she would wink at me when Sans wasn't looking.

I'm sure Toriel didn't mean this when she said we should be friends. But, though, things seemed to have flipped on their heads. I was now head over heels for a monster. And, of all monsters it was a skeleton who was only a head shorter than me. Who loved to joke and was the smartest in the room at all times.

"Are you thinking about Sans again?" Frisk asked, jerking me out of my thoughts. I blushed,

'W-what?" I looked down at the ten year old. She gave me a knowing grin, a mischievous look reaching into her big brown eyes. "You get this cute dorky look on your face." She was teasing me!

I looked at her in shock, "You are ten."

She did a little wiggle. "Keep acting all in love and your mages are going to notice."

I looked over at some other mages across the street from Frisk's house. They were talking to a bunny monster about something. They glanced my way before returning back to the bunny. "If they haven't already noticed."

Frisk grabbed her big blue chalk, "I think that you two are going to marry each other. Just watch."

I sputtered in surprise at the bold little child. "That isn't even legal!" I almost yelled.

"Frisk quit teasing your bodyguard!" Toriel scolded as she walked out on the front porch. She wore a large tan sun hat, some gardening gloves, and had some gardening tools in a little basket that looked way too small in her large paw-like hands.

Frisk didn't protest as she went to draw on the driveway pavement. She then handed me a yellow chalk.

"Draw." She huffed at me. She didn't like when I just stood there watching her. I was about to do my own protesting, but I stopped when she glared. So I knelt down and began to make little flowers.

We must have been drawing for hours, the whole driveway was covered in suns, flowers, and butterflies. Papyrus came up the sidewalk grinning. His large smile got wider when he noticed our handy work.

"Wowie, what great art work!" He said in his loud tone. Frisk giggled then came to give him a big hug. Something they loved to do to greet each other. I then began to put the fat chalks away in her box.

"Ms Aileana! I have great news!" He said putting down the girl. I looked up at him as I grabbed the handle. "They have allowed us full citizenship and I just got a birth certificate.

I heard about this from Sans. He and his brother were going to the state capital to get their full identifiers to make them proper US citizens. I couldn't join them due to my duties, but I was very happy to hear it.

"Yeah Sans told me! I'm so happy for you guys." I gave him a hug. We all made high pitch noises together, in a circle jumping up and down, holding each other's hands. He then showed us a new ID he just got.

"Soon I will be able to drive. I am going to have to learn of course!" He was so excited that his tone became louder.

I looked over at the other mages who were on the sidewalk staring at me. They gave me a nod and walked off down the street. The bunny monster was tending to her flowers, not noticing.

"Weird." I looked down to see Sans beside me. He looked at me with happiness in his eye lights. I put my hand gently on his shoulder. I gave him a sweet smile.

"K.I.S.S.I.N.G!" Frisk began to sing and thus got scolded by Toriel again. The blush on my face said it all and Sans began doing his teasing laughing as he pointed at my face. I swatted at his hand.