Wakas (Part 2)

This is the last part of Wakas and the ending to this story. A Special Chapter is available and exclusive on Patreon/Patrons Facebook Group. Message my Facebook Author profile Rej Martinez to join with membership monthly. And read the latest updates in my ongoing stories, and exclusive stories and story parts like Special Chapters. Thank you for your support!

Wakas (Part 2)

Angel

Akala ko noon ay ayos lang mga ginagawa ko. I liked to party and drink, do boyfriends, and just have fun with my life. Hindi ko pa nga maintindihan noon ang mama at papa kung bakit masyado silang concern sa ginagawa ko sa buhay ko... I even thought that why couldn't they be just happy for their daughter because I was just happy and enjoying my life. May masama ba roon?

And I realized why. I got my answer after I met Joaquin.

He had a different lifestyle from mine. While I thought I was just living my life to the fullest without thinking of any responsibility, Joaquin was already responsible and more mature about life. While I only think about fun, he was already responsible for a big company and its employees. We lived a different life and had a different mindset.

After I married Joaquin I realized that I wanted to be like him. I want to be more responsible. And I wanted to change. While Joaquin doesn't need me to change at all. Nevertheless Joaquin supported me with the things that I did even if we're already married. He supported my modeling and all the things that I wanted to do.

I fell in love with the way he supported me. Because we need that, too. We need people who will make us feel that we can do whatever we want... I fell in love with his patience, and his kindness. I married such a wonderful man. He's amazing and perfect in his own ways.

"I love you, Joaquin." I told him as I lay beside him in bed at night.

Tahimik na ang paligid at nakapatay na rin ang ilaw sa room namin sa isang villa na kinuha namin sa isang beach resort kung saan naman kami nagbakasyon ngayon.

We've been married for many years now. And there was not a day that I was loving my husband less. Masaya lang ako sa buhay namin ngayon ni Joaquin at kasama pa ang tatlong gwapo naming mga anak. Siguro ay dahil din natapos na kami sa mga napagdaanan naming pagsubok sa buhay naming mag-asawa noon. And I'm glad that we're done on that part. And I know that whatever challenge that will come to our married life next time, I know that it would be easier to handle. Because I think that we already passed through the worst... And I am grateful for this life that I have now with Joaquin and our beautiful children.

Hinagkan naman ako ni Joaquin sa noo ko na kinangiti ko na lang. "And I am in love with you, too. I love you every day, Angel."

And what he said was like music to my ears.

Sinulit na naman namin ni Joaquin ang aming bakasyon kasama ang mga bata. We don't always get to do this because he's still a busy CEO. But I and the kids already appreciate his efforts to still be able to spend more time with our family. And it's already more than enough. Of course he has to work for our family and our children's future. And he's really working hard, too. Noon pa rin naman ay hardworking na tao na si Joaquin.

"Dito lang muna kayo ng mga bata, hon? I'll just order food for us." sabi ko sa asawa ko habang busy silang mag-swimming ng mga bata sa malaking infinity pool din ng resort.

Tumango naman sa akin si Joaquin. "All right. I'll take care of the kids." aniya habang hawak pa sa isang kamay ang floater ni Stan. And Steven was behind him as he carried our son on his back. Si Stephen naman ay marunong na ring lumangoy mag-isa sa tabi lang din naman ng ama.

I chuckled because I find my husband so adorable with our three boys. Who can also get naughty and really playful. "All right. Babalik din ako agad."

Pagkatapos ay tumungo na ako sa restaurant ng resort para personal na lang na um-order doon. I wasn't wet from swimming yet. Nakasuot pa ako ng maxi dress ko and inside was my bikini. I went in to food for my family. When I halted from my steps when I saw an ex inside the quiet restaurant because it wasn't also time for meals yet. Binati pa ako nito kaya bumati na rin ako.

"Hey..." He smiled.

Ngumiti na rin ako. "You're here, too..." Kung noon ay parang sobrang galing ko lang sa pakikipag-usap sa mga lalaki, ngayon ay parang hindi ko na alam ano ang sasabihin...

I had a lot of exes in the past and this one's a good man, too. Isa sa mga kahit papaano ay naging seryoso rin naman ako. And the reason was that he's more formal than the other men I have dated before and more responsible, too. We might like playing with cool guys, but let's also admit it that it's really different when we date more mature guys.

"Yes. I'm with my family."

"Oh." Tumango ako sa sinabi at ngumiti.

I remember that it was also my fault why we broke up in the past. He caught me kissing another guy in a club before and he was already serious with me and our relationship. Kahit sandali lang din naging kami noon. And yes I was that toxic in my past. I was also the problem with my relationships. Just because I thought it was fun... And thank God that I already realized it before it's too late and I hate to imagine that it could have been Joaquin. I don't even want to think about it. That's why I'm just so grateful for my husband's patience and love for me.

We talked for awhile as we both ordered food for our families. Nakapag-asawa na rin pala siya kagaya ko at may dalawang na rin na lalaki at babae. And of course I am happy for him, too. He deserves it for he's also a good man.

"I'm sorry nga rin pala for what I did with our relationship in the past..." nasabi ko rin. I failed to say sorry to him in the past and I feel like I also owe him an apology...

Ngumiti lang naman siya. "It's all right now. It's in the past already." he said.

Ngumiti na lang din ako sa kaniya.

Nang bumalik ako kanila Joaquin ay nakita kong nandoon na rin pala nag-s-swimming ang pamilya rin ni Olsen. Ngumiti na lang kami sa isa't isa. And Stephen was also even playing with his son who's only a few years older than my son.

"Your ex?"

Bumaling at ngumiti ako kay Joaquin. "You still jealous?"

Umiling naman siya. "No. Come down here now and swim with our kids."

Tumango naman ako at inalis na ang maxi dress ko para makaligo na rin muna sa pool kasama ang mga gwapo kong mag-aama. At nang masulyapan ko si Olsen sa kabilang banda kasama ang pamilya rin niya ay nakita kong nakangiti siyang pinagmamasdan din ang pamilya ko. He looked happy for me... Before he turned back his attention to his wife and children as well. Napangiti na lang din ako at binalik na rin ang atensyon sa pamilya ko. Nakahawak na ako sa mga balikat ni Joaquin as he held my waist underwater, too. Ngumiti ako sa gwapo kong asawa.

I wasn't perfect and I did things that are not right or good in the past. But I'm feeling lucky to still have this kind of life now with Joaquin. If I am God's favorite then I am grateful. But I believe that we are all His favorite. Because we are his own creation. That's why we're given so many chances that we might just have failed to realize sometimes.