❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅

࿐ྂᵁⁿᵗⁱˡ ᵗʰᵉⁿ

*·˚*·˚*·˚*·˚

It was early morning, the sun had just risen, and birds had just awoken to leave their nest. Yuki's sister had been killed by a demon years before; since then, Yuki had grown stronger, even developing his unique breathing pattern. One diverged from water breathing, but with a more powerful and aggressive approach.

"Fumi," Yuki said sincerely as he knelt at her grave.

He appeared to be the same, but his hair had grown longer, reaching considerably below his shoulders and allowing him to tighten it into a ponytail. He's also become stronger and taller.

"It's been three years since that tragic day," he smiled, grasping his sword, which lay on that side.

"Takahashi took me in, and he showed me a lot of things, including this thing called a matcha swiss roll. It's my favorite, and I'm sure you'd like it too!" he grinned at the thought, holding the image in his hands and sitting in silence for a minute.

"Today is the final choice, and Ima ensures that nothing like that ever happens to anyone else again. I'm sorry I couldn't save you; I should not have trusted a demon."

"Yuki, I apologize for interrupting, but it's time," Takahashi said tenderly, placing his hand on the boy's shoulder. Yuki nodded slightly before gently rising to retrieve the blade. 'Bye Fumi, till next time,' he thought as he walked past his master.

As they approached the main road, the pupil and master walked in quietly. "Are you certain you want to wear your blindfold during the final selection? Shouldn't you be wary?" Takahashi inquired, concerned.

"I must master. If I don't wear my blindfold during the selections, I'll most likely use it the first time I say a demon." "Don't worry, Gramps," Yuki said with a sigh, "I'll be back." He offered the elder man a sly grin.

Takahashi said nothing but swiftly drew the male in for a hug "Please return, Yuki. You're the son I didn't have "Takahashi spoke in reverent tones.

Yuki's eyes widened as tears streamed down his cheeks. His son? Happiness, shopping, reading, writing, everything Takahashi taught him. Is this what fathers are supposed to do?

"Thank you for everything!" Yuki fought back tears, pressing his face against Takahashi's chest. 'You taught me, fatherly love,' he thought.

"It's time," Takahashi said quietly.

Yuki nodded and turned away. "I brought you some matcha swiss rolls; eat them whenever we get hungry."

"Bye master, I'll return," he said, bowing his head. He took a deep breath and started down the path to the ultimate choice.

*·˚*·˚*·˚*·˚

'Flowers?' Yuki smiled as he smelled the wisteria in the air. He sighed and leaned against a tree. 'I should head east; the sun rises first from there, so I'll be able to obtain more rest during the day.' He came to a conclusion.

"Excuse me," a voice says, prompting Yuki to look up. "Are you sure you can battle demons while wearing a blindfold?" a girl of Yuki's age inquired.

Yuki smirked and nodded confidently, "Of course, I'm the strongest!"

He wasn't mistaken. He wasn't Hashira, yet he was already powerful for not even being a demon slayer. He adapts fast to his surroundings, always looking for new ways to overcome problems such as continually wearing his blindfold or wearing layers upon layers to decrease his sense of touch in order to boost his hearing.

Yuki had perfected absolute constant breathing, even while asleep. Takahashi believes Yuki will rapidly ascend to the top of the ranks.

"Welcome." Two voices spoke at the same time, drawing everyone's attention to the front. Two girls, one with white hair and the other with black hair, stood on a stairwell.

"The final selection of the demon core will begin in a minute." The girl with white hair spoke up, a smile on her face.

"We wish you all the best and hope to see you soon. You will then be given your uniform." This time, the girl with dark hair spoke up. The two made a sorrowful bow before turning and walking away, leaving everyone behind.

Yuki grinned and stretched before bolting to the East. "Focus on your breathing," he said to himself as he started running faster.

He must have been running for hours before coming upon a demon. 'Finally!' Yuki thought as he came to a stop. He groaned, wondering if the demons would attack first because he had been watching him for quite some time.

A demon lurked in the trees, staring down at Yuki. 'He appears distracted now the chance!' he thought joyfully, leaping to strike Yuki from behind.

Yuki evaded the strike without even blinking.

"Can't you even be sneaky, saddening?" He laughed as he drew his master's sword.

"Breath of ice, first form: icicle dance!" He smiles as he quickly slices the demon, his face glowing as he watches the creature in agony.

"What the hell is going on?" The demon laughed since he didn't see any cuts. "It appears you missed."

"I don't miss, it just takes a couple of minutes," Yuki said as he waved the demon away, leaning against the tree once more.

The demon's brow wrinkled as a massive agony raced through his entire body. When he looked down, he saw that his entire body had been sliced into small bits.

"What?!?" he said in surprise, wondering why it had taken so long.

"I have an ice-breathing style." Yuki started to explain, "Ice causes everything to slow down. That is, it will take me longer to convert you to dust. While blasting what appears to be jagged shards of ice into your fading body."

"Now, burn in hell, you fucking bastard," Yuki said with a close-eyed smile.

As he began to panic, the demon's eyes enlarged. "Please, no!"

Yuki walked away with a cruel smirk on his face, "like music to my ears," he said as he listened to the demon's cries.

'It's time to go,' he thought as he continued his quest for demons.

*·˚*·˚*·˚*·˚

❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅