Chapter 19

When Ivory leaves Dylan walks into my driveway.

"Hey Maya," he says. I smile and wave then close my door. I hear him outside my door. I open it and he's standing there.

"So what have you figured out so far?" he asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean about the plan you have to find out what they're doing," he says.

"Oh umm not really. It's useless. They're not hiding anything," I say.

"Are you sure about that?" Dylan asks his features suddenly turning dark.

"Yeah," I say slowly backing away.

"You know Maya, I'm not stupid. I know you know something and you better tell me what you know," he says pushing me up against my front door.

"I...I don't know," I say nervously.

"You have some nerve," he says before lifting his arm and swinging his fist at me. I dodge it and he ends up punching the door behind me.

He curses and holds his hand to himself. I turn around and run down the pathway and onto the pavement. I hear his quick footsteps behind me.

"Help! Someone help me!" I yell drawing everyone's attention on the street to look at us.

"Maya!" Thomas yells from the distance.

"Thomas!" I yell. I can see him running towards us. I run right into his arms and we both fall down onto the ground, me landing on him.

Dylan stops in front of us and we both stand up.

"Leave us alone," Thomas says pushing me behind his back.

"Come on man knock a little sense into your head. She has the information we need," he says.

I give a confused look to Thomas. He turns around and backs up to where he's standing next to Dylan.

"You're right. I can't believe she actually trusted me, thought I was her friend," Thomas says.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"Wow you think she would be smarter than this," Dylan whispers to Thomas but I still hear it.

"Hey! Excuse me but I am the smartest person in that building and I know what the NCER people are really doing," I say.

"Congratulations. Now we have to kill you," Dylan says.

~~~~~

Cliffhanger!!! Woooo!

Sorry I haven't updated. I kind of forgot and I was caught up in writing other things. Anyways I hope you enjoy this cliffhanger and don't forget to comment and vote :I